Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/7/2005 10:03:50 PM EDT
I would like to know if a pigtail gas sistem would fit inside a daniel defense carbine forearm.

I do own an olyarms 7.5" AR and I'm in the process of adding a DD carbine forearm.

Thanks for info, guys.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:18:17 AM EDT
While I have not tried it, there is not much room in there.
I know for sure that a bull barrel gas block will NOT fit under a LaRue handguard and I think the DD is pretty close to the same size.

Seeing as how the pigtail has to wrap all the way around the barrel, it's nearly as big on the outside as a low profile bull barrel gas block, about 1 1/2"
The LaRue only clears about 1 1/4" on the inside circle.

Randall Rausch
www.ar15barrels.com
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:05:12 PM EDT
Many thanks for info, as a matter of fact the DD forearm did not fit, thanks to this forum I've saved a wrong buy...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:13:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:25:12 AM EDT
Unfortunately I live in ITALY..we can not legally done ANYTHING to a barrel or a complete upper, it is registered by the local police station with the barrel serial number and government import markings.

Actually I have HUGE problem finding someone who ship even accessories to Italy.

As a matter of fact, I just bought a stripped upper receiver (that is not considered essential gun part because it has no serial number) for the HUGE sum of 450euros (roughly 500 usd). Everything ar-15 related is EXPENSIVE in Italy, folks...when I will finish putting a forearm, front and rear BUIS, an eotech and a TD VFG, my gun will cost me more than 3800 euros (4000 usd)..that is sad, damn..
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:26:13 AM EDT
How does H+K feel about Italy,and viseaversa!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:24:01 AM EDT
I don't understand your question, you mean what firearms HK sells in Italy?

If so, HK sell the complete pistol line in Italy, as for long guns the matter is different, only "sporting" HK rifles are sold (read:UGLY rifles..).

Italian firearms import situation is a little bit strange..there is a government board (composed by absolute MORONS) that examine each import request of firearms...

The board have absolute power to approve or deny a particular model for which import is requested, for example, a S&W .500 revolver was denied import because "the weapon is too powerful and compact, and so it's too much LETHAL" (morons, as I've said).

At the very same time, import permit was granted for my olyarms 7" ar15 (20rds magazines), and also for brugger&thomet BT96 (a semiauto HK MP-5).

Italian gun laws are crazy..not restrictive to the max, compared to others europe places, but nonetheless a pain in the ass...
Top Top