Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 10:48:34 AM EDT
Do all Colt double insulated handguards come with the metal shields glued into place?  I have a few sets, but one doesnt have glue holding the shields in place.......

Hunduh
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Glue started in the year 2000.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info!!!

I was told that they werent real Colts because they had no Glue.......

Steven
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Another note about Colt carbines around 2000 was the switch to a crush washer and the single sided block for the front sling swivel.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Another note about Colt carbines around 2000 was the switch to the single sided block for the front sling swivel.

Scott, you did it again!!! Ive often wondered why there was two types... I was under the impression that one was the real deal and the other was a fake... Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top