Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 7:00:13 PM EDT
What is the difference between the V-Max and Match hollow point ammo?

Is the V-Max a "match" ammo? I assume "match" is more accurate?

I am a little hesitant to buy the  remanufacured ammo. Is there much quality differences
between blue box and red box?

Frank
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#1]
black hills is EXCELLENT quality ammo, dont hesitate to shoot the blue box stuff.  I use the 52gr match for varmint hunting, and its deadly accurate. i can get 3/4" groups at 100yds with it easily, and i am a lousy shot to boot.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#2]
V Match is ballistic tip.
Match is regular BTHP/OTM style match bullet.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#3]

black hills is EXCELLENT quality ammo, dont hesitate to shoot the blue box stuff. I use the 52gr match for varmint hunting, and its deadly accurate. i can get 3/4" groups at 100yds with it easily, and i am a lousy shot to boot.

Fly,

What is the set-up n your rifle?   Barrel length, twist rate, chrome lined, ect.

Frank
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on the BHBB 50 gr. V-MAX and the 52gr. Match HPBT. The 50 gr. V-MAX has a polymer ballistic tip that is claimed to give a better BC and aid in expansion. The 52 gr. is your typical BTHP. They both shoot great in my RRA 24", 1-12" twist Varmit. I shoot mostly the 52 gr. because it is cheaper. I recently averaged  my last 65 5-shot groups (325 rnds), and included all flyers and the 52 gr. averaged .87" at 100 yards. 47 groups were under 1 " and 19 groups were under .75".
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Blue Box = Once fired Lake City Brass and no primer sealant.
Red Box = New BH Brass with primer sealant.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:58:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess with the Primer sealant, the red box should have a longer shelf life?

I keep my ammo in my safe with a golden rod.

What is the shelf life of blue box vs. red box,? (if there is a difference at all inside a safe)

Frank
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I guess with the Primer sealant, the red box should have a longer shelf life?

I keep my ammo in my safe with a golden rod.

What is the shelf life of blue box vs. red box,? (if there is a difference at all inside a safe)

Frank

In a climate controlled safe I would not expect any difference at all.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Fly,

What is the set-up n your rifle?   Barrel length, twist rate, chrome lined, ect.

Frank

16" bushmaster dissy, 1/9 twist, and chrome lined.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone ordered Black Hills from Joseph Kiser at Kiser Munitions? Seems his price is
the cheapest on the Ammo Price list.

I e-mailed him but have not gotten a reply, anybody know his screen name so I could IM him?

Frank
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top