Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2004 12:15:33 PM EDT
I bought a cheap detach CH because I wasn't going to shoot iron sights most of the time with my AR15 and found that the elevation wheel wasn't marked 8/3 or 6/3 but had 0, 5, and 10.

I thought I read something here that explained the how to use this type of wheel but I couldn't find it with the Search feature.

Any ideas?

Would I be able to swap in the real A2 wheel?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#1]
That is the 'match' elevation wheel.  It's calibrated in # of clicks (which are about 1 moa per click).

Yes you should be able to swap for a standard wheel.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I used a pic of a DPMS standard A2 index wheel to compare and it takes about 3 clicks to get from the "8/3" mark to the "4" mark on my wheel. So it looks like a 1/2 MOA wheel?? I thought it was 1/4 MOA for the NM/Match wheel?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I used a pic of a DPMS standard A2 index wheel to compare and it takes about 3 clicks to get from the "8/3" mark to the "4" mark on my wheel. So it looks like a 1/2 MOA wheel?? I

Detachable (6/3) wheels are in 1/2 moa increments, fixed are full 1moa increments.

I'm stepping out for some caffine - obviously I need to wake up (because you were asking about a detachable handle).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top