Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2009 12:11:46 AM EDT
MGI just announced that their new AK74 mag well is in stock.

I already have a S&W 5.45x39 upper and an MGI Hydra lower. I also have an MGI Hydra upper but no 5.45x39 barrel for it.

Will I be able to use my S&W 5.45x39 upper with the MGI AK74 mag well without modifying my upper. Or is the AK74 mag wide and sit tall like the AK47 mag so that the upper has to be machined out to clear the mag, like the MGI uppers are done?

I already have some C-Products 5.45x39 AR mags, but I'd like to be able to use AK74 mags if I can do it with my S&W upper.

Brazos Jack
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:38:22 AM EDT
[#1]
It is like the AK47 magwell.  It requires the same mods to the upper and carrier.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:03:40 AM EDT
[#2]
amphibian,

Thanks for the info

Sounds like using my S&W upper with this is a non starter. I guess if I want to get this magwell and use AK74 mags I'll have to get another barrel and bolt assy for one of my MGI uppers.

Brazos Jack
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top