User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2013 2:35:55 AM EDT
What size brush do you use?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:46:20 AM EDT
[#1]
yes you can use a .22 brush - they also make .223 brushes but they are probably the same size. Either will work fine.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 4:24:54 AM EDT
[#2]
first post.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:51:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
yes you can use a .22 brush - they also make .223 brushes but they are probably the same size. Either will work fine.

Cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Well,

Yes it will work...

5.56 is .224..

Also look into a bore snake...

And don't run a brush against the barrel lapping.

Only brush from chamber and pull out the en of the rifle.

Bret
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:14:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well,

Yes it will work...

5.56 is .224..

Also look into a bore snake...

And don't run a brush against the barrel lapping.

Only brush from chamber and pull out the en of the rifle.

Bret

Forgive my ignorance but what is barrel lapping? Googled it but it referred to the process and not the definition.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 11:35:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Dewey brushes are oversized - measures approx .24 inches.  Using an oversized brush will help get all the debris out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#7]
What's this about running against the lapping? I'm guessing you mean against the rotation of the rifling. If the brush is softer than the barrel (nylon or brass versus steel) and you're using a common cleaning rod that is designed to rotate with the rifling, where is the problem? Just wondering as this is the first I've ever heard anything about that.

Red
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top