Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2005 7:38:04 AM EDT
Those that have this unit... I want to know something about how the system behaves..

in your experiences.... does the dot jump when you go from one eye to two eye?  for instance ... on acogs that i have messed with lately...  from targets 50m and further... if you have them on target with 2 eyes... then you switch to 1 eye.. the reticle jumps...

i wouldn't think this would happen with the 3x setup but I was just curious... if you need more of a description of what i'm talking about just ask...

THanks!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Suggest ya learn to shoot with your "dominant eye" and then you'll have no reason to blame the scope or reticle for "jumping".

FWIW, recticles don't shift/jump, neither do red-dots, I suspect your problem is related to use of your non-dominant eye for sighting. (your probably shooting right handed w/ a left dominant eye)

Mike

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:15:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the same problem. I'm right handed but left eye dominant. Basically, for everything you need to be shooting at with both eyes open, the shift isn't that big a deal, for me anyways. The shift is always minimal enough that i'm never really off target enough to loose sleep over. For longer, more precise shots, i simply close my left eye. For closer ones, you'll learn to compensate. It's all about being familiar with whatever equipment you choose.

I use an eotech primarily, and haven't shot many acogs, so YMMV but i assume it's the same for any sight being used with both eyes and being cross dominant.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:42:20 AM EDT
[#3]
no i'm right handed and right eye... i know for sure...

others i have talked to have talked about the 'jumping' effect... i think i have the an eye issue discribed in the acog manual...

however.... with other scopes/red dots... this doesn't happen... its only with the acogs... thats why i'm wondering if someone who has had this happen to them with acogs... it will be interesting for me to know if the same thing happens with the 3x mod.

thanks for the replies guys!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:12:08 AM EDT
[#6]
hum... its interesting i get this effect only with acogs though...  aimpoints are completely fine... so are long range optics when i BAC it...  

glad to know its my problem though...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:45:49 AM EDT
[#7]
BAC ALWAYS, ALWAYS results in a POI shift.  I can be no other way.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top