Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 5:45:32 AM EST
I am looking for a receiver to do another AR build, What is the quality of the rcvr listed in Joekens web page adn shotgun news? I see they have a mil spec one (supposably) for 79.99 and was curiious as to the quality of it. i dont want to sacrifice quality to save 40-60 dollars but if it is just as good that $$ could go to another project later?
Also what is the deal with the carbon fiber rcvrs? are they any good? i see them advertised as being "stronger" than aluminum but what is the general consensus on those? I dont see a whole lot of them but they are also listed pretty cheaply?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:42:53 AM EST
I stay away from carbon fiber as a rule, and have heard nothing but bad stuff about Joekens.

I try to stick with Dealers who advertise here and support this site and the AR shooting community.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:02:48 AM EST

Quoted:
I stay away from carbon fiber as a rule, and have heard nothing but bad stuff about Joekens.

I try to stick with Dealers who advertise here and support this site and the AR shooting community.

+1, Look at Eagle Firearms, they have Stag Lowers For $85 or $89, Can't rember which, I'm a Dealer and get a discount, so I don't remeber the regular price, sorry.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:21:43 PM EST
Stay away from JoeKen, IMHO.

Superior Arms is another good buy for the money.

I picked mine up yesterday and it went together like a breeze

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:37:47 PM EST
+1 for stag. best fit and finish that I have seen.
Top Top