Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2003 11:51:55 AM EDT
Hi,

Could someone with hands on experience give me some feedback on ASA lower quality?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The stripped lower quality is fine. Problem is it says ASA on it. Anything you build with it won't be worth squat because ASA has such a bad reputation.

ASA problems all revolve around their uppers. Gas port and chamber problems are the most common.

You can't give away anything marked ASA around here.

They do use Chinese small parts in their lower parts kits.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Hands on experience: not worth building an AR on. Have QC problems. Get a RRA or Bushmaster lower. Better parts and WAY better resell value.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I built a damn fine rifle off of one of their stripped lowers.
As far as a complete rifle or lower goes, I would stay away.
They are a local company, and we are very familiar with them.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#4]
No problem with my stripped lower/Bushmaster internals.  I wouldn't buy anything else from them though, based on the adverse testimonials posted on this board.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I would buy from them again.. I cant stand hersay.. And I have purchased a lowers and a 9mm upper conversion from them... Both excellent choices.. I personally dont see why anybody needs there customer service.. the AR is soo easy to work and fix that I would never waste my time with sending any thing back unless it was just horrible... and ASA doesnt make horrible parts lowers or uppers
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Another Zonie here who has spent several hours trying to help out follow range goers figure out why their brand new ASA AR does not function correctly (mostly gas system realted issues from what I can tell).  This in and of itself is one thing, but when I see the same people the next week and they tell me ASA told them to pound sand when they wanted their new ASA rifle to at least function properly, that's just plain rediculous.  Many folks just don't have the expertise or desire to troubleshoot a brand new rifle.  I am sure however that there are some very happy customers out there, but I have not personally met one.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had two stripped ASA lowers.  They were fine.  One of them took about one minute of fitting.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I may be one of a few but I live in Phx, and I've got close to 3500 rnds through my complete ASA rifle, CAR 16" Wilson NM barrel, anyways I've not had one problem what so ever with the reliability of the rifle or the customer service. Now I can't say that they havent had problems in the past but I've had none so far and am happy.

Ron
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top