Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 7:57:44 AM EDT
How is the quality of their small parts? I'm talking about their pins,springs bolts,extractors,hammers,ect. Sorry if this has been beat to death here. Nick
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#1]
i had one LPK that had either a soft pin or safety selector.  the mating of the two failed within a few rounds and the safety was hard to actuate.  other than that i have no poor experiences with DPMS parts.

after looking at several different parts from brownells, i really see some quality in the colt pieces as well as the bushmaster.

in the future, i like i'll buy more bushmaster parts, as they seem to combine quality with affordability.  

HTH.

septic tank
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:35:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I ahve never had any issues with the parts from DPMS, I've had 4 Different configurations and never seen any problems. I have a Competition M4 Style rifle that has over 4K rounds and never a parts failure.

I also sell thier equipment and find it as good a quality as anyone elses.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a couple rear takedown pins that were too big to fit into the lowers.  Other than that, their parts have been great IMO.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought their small parts kit and the firing pin retaining pin would not fit my Bushmaster bolt carrier.  There are so many really good brands, Colt, Bushy, RRA, CMT, Stag, etc., that have have written DPMS off.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I have also heard of Bushmaster uppers not fitting RRA lowers so which company is to blame for that one? Parts are supposed to be interchangeable but not always. I have built quite a few rifles and used a lot of DPMS parts inside them and have never run into any issues that would make me stop using them.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:48:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a DPMS LPK in my 9mm setup. The rifle has about 3k round thru it. Never had a problem with the install of the parts or using the parts in my Stag lower. The only thing is I believe my stock RRA LPK has a better trigger.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:52:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I've never had problems with my DPMS rifle or their parts.  I get 'em from Midway USA.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:32:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I have used three DPMS LPKs. In a DPMS lower, a Colt SP2 lower and Ameetec lower.
no issues to report. these are not safe queens, they are used and abused all the time.
I even have a big hole DPMS hammer in my Colt Match Target lower.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:37:22 AM EDT
[#9]
LPK has worked great for me. Smooth trigger, still heavy though.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:48:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought one of their "lower" parts blister packs at Knob Creek one year.  Everything was fine except for the disconnector which looked just fine but didin't work.  A buddy just recently purchased a DPMS complete lower and upper.  We were both pretty impressed with the overall quaity receiver halves.  The fit and finish is second to none, all the pin holes are aligned, it's not purple... Overall very good stuff.  I am going to buy one of their complete lowers for a rifle I am parting together.
Q
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I’ve used many DPMS part and never had a problem.  They all seem to be in spec.

I learned to stay away from junk at the guns shows.  The parts look great and boy are they cheap but you get them home and they don’t fit.

I’ve never had a problem from any of the quality vendors either.

If you read this board you soon learn who you should buy from.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#12]
their bolts are not the greatest.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:20:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Never had a problem with DPMS bolts, (real life experience).
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#15]
they wont eat reloads like a RRA upper will,  I coulnt get my DPMS bull upper to work on my RRA lower cause of the hammer notch,  so need a DPMS hammer.  Soft selector detent pins sometimes,  but for $44 from brownells who can touch that price.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top