Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/23/2011 6:25:31 AM EDT
I'm brand new to this site and could use a little advice. Last thing I fired was an M-16 but that was a while ago (1968 in Loc Ninh, up by the Cambodian border). I've decided to look for an AR-15 and have been researching manufacturers. Holy cow there's a bunch out there. Anyway, I ran into a guy from a small manufacturer,Tactical Weapons Solutions, at a local gun show and he talked a good game (I  think). Mil spec, yadda yadda, 4150 steel yadda yadda. Problem is, I never heard of Tactical Weapons Solutions before. Anybody here know the company?
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 6:47:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the site. You're gonna have a lot of reading to do!

I haven't heard of them myself, but I'll just say this. If you stick with one of the well known, high quality manufacturers, you'll have the comfort of knowing that should you have any problems, they'll always be around.

What are your plans? An M4, hybrid, or maybe a "retro" A1 project to take you back to the days when you carried one?
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 8:23:14 AM EDT
[#2]
One of the things I liked about Tactical Weapons Solutions was that they are local so if there's a problem, they're easy to find. And they have a pretty informative website. As for my needs, I'm thinking M4 rather than retro.  I'm looking for a 5.56/.223 rather than a .223/556 and barrel-wise, chromed with a 1/7 twist. Totally undecided (and uneducated) on accessories. For example, the site possibilities today are endless. The standard sites on the 16 I carried worked fine, though there wasn't a hell of a lot of distance shooting. Everything there tended to be pretty much in your face. As far as standard manufacturers, if I'm reading things correctly most (if not all) of them are assemblers not manufacturers.So I guess it comes down to how well things fit together. I'm finding a lot of info here....just gotta slog through it. The major quality guys in "manufacturing" seem to be Colt , of course and then in no particular order; Bushmaster, Rock River, and Stag and DPMS. I've seen good bad and iffy reviews on all of them which just adds to the confusion.
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#3]
AR Discussions FAQ, entry #2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top