Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2003 9:00:21 AM EDT
I'm at the office and don't have a rifle handy to measure, but need an answer before I get home tonight, so...

I realize this is probably not an industry standard, so a general idea will help.  I'm talking plain-Jane, post-ban, smooth barrel with standard handguards - don't know if this length is different between 16" & 20" barrels.

Any help will be appreciated... faster help will be appreciated sooner...
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:05:18 AM EDT
[#1]
SOMEONE must be at home today, within reach of both rifle & ruler...

I did several searches hoping to find it in a previous thread, but to no avail.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Well if nobody's gonna answer then I'll make a guess... On a 20" A2 I'd say it's around 5 to 6... It will be different for a 16"...
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#3]
[b]darkstar[/b] responded in a different thread:

5-3/8" on 20" HBAR

7" on 16" HBAR (he wasn't as sure about that one)

[b]THANKS![/b]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Nick, the 7" on the 16" HBAR should be REAL close... all my 16" barrels are wearing different types of brakes but the barrels cut to 14 1/2" with Kurt's A3's on them are exactly 7" from the outside of the FSB to the muzzle, OAL of the barrels is 16"...
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks again!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top