Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2006 8:26:21 AM EDT
I am building a 20" A2 service rifle and I ordered a set screw FSB. I had noticed when I got it that it is an "F" marked base. Will this throw off my zero due to the extra height or will it be ok?

Thanks,
Justin
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:30:28 AM EDT
[#1]
You may have problems if you're running an A2 upper receiver.  What do you mean by set screw?  Like armalite does without the pins?

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You may have problems if you're running an A2 upper receiver.  What do you mean by set screw?  Like armalite does without the pins?

The F-sight base has to be used with the taller Colt detachable carry hand or corresponding rear sights.

The set screw front bases I have experience with are designed to be used with windage flats. The set screws are drilled and tapped in where the pins would normally be and line up with flats machined into the barrel.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, kinda, its not the same as the armalite, it has setscrews where the taper pins would normally be. I have one of them too but the sling swivel on the FF tube gets in the way of the armalite FSB
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No he won't.

All he needs do is screw the sight blade down about 4 -5 notches.

You know.  Those cute little cutout thingies around the sight base
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top