Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2012 2:26:36 PM EDT
Title says it all. After 60ish rounds down range my Aimpiont M4s is pretty loose on its mount. Is it normally necesary to have to tighten the mount that often? I know a good QD lever mount would solve this problem but I'm not able to spend that kind of cash now after buying this expensive optic. Any other solutions?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 2:58:02 PM EDT
Are saying that the Aimpoint is loose on it's mount, or the mount is loose on the rail?

QRP's work pretty well, so something sounds wrong if it's loose on the rail.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 3:16:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2012 3:18:56 PM EDT by rydaddy]
Loose on the rail, and following the owners manual directions of two clicks past tight on the torque knob.

ETA: This is a new set up. Does it need a break in or seating period before it wont loosen on its own?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 3:22:51 PM EDT
Don't think I've ever just done two clicks, I usually crank that thing around a few times.

Call Aimpoint and talk to them, give them a chance to trouble shoot and help out.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 3:32:25 PM EDT
Will do, I was thinking maybe it was the nylon washer under the torque knob getting flattened allowing the mount to become loose. Hopefully this problem will cure itself but I will definately get on the horn with Aimpoint tomorrow to find out if they can help.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 3:53:57 PM EDT
I clicked mine at least 4 times, you can watch until the nylon washer stops turning IIRC

I did sell mine and buy a ADM 68H

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:15:57 AM EDT
Good practice to click it a time or two every now and then. Push in on the knob and twist as well. QRP2 is a good mount.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:15:02 PM EDT
Thanks folks. Can anyone tell me what co-witness I am getting with this mount and the included spacer? Seems to be kind of in between absolute and 1/3.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:29:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rydaddy:
Thanks folks. Can anyone tell me what co-witness I am getting with this mount and the included spacer? Seems to be kind of in between absolute and 1/3.

It is, thats why I sold mine
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:29:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2012 7:30:49 PM EDT by azbilln]
Will do, I was thinking maybe it was the nylon washer under the torque knob getting flattened allowing the mount to become loose. Hopefully this problem will cure itself but I will definately get on the horn with Aimpoint tomorrow to find out if they can help.

Did you contact Aimpoint? I have the same problem with a new QRP2 mount and was wondering if they had any suggestions.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:47:18 PM EDT
I hope this isn't a big issue. I have an M4s on the way and spent the extra cash on a new trigger.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:02:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TheMirage:
I hope this isn't a big issue. I have an M4s on the way and spent the extra cash on a new trigger.

A complete Non Issue.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:04:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By azbilln:

Did you contact Aimpoint? I have the same problem with a new QRP2 mount and was wondering if they had any suggestions.

Didn't get a chance to contact Aimpoint, work has been keeping me very busy. I'm going to give it another chance the next time I get to go shoot and take the advice of pushing in on the knob while clicking several times. I'm pretty sure things will work fine.
Top Top