Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2010 7:28:01 AM EDT
I want a foregrip that has QD capability that doesn't require sliding on from the front. I've been looking at the Larue and Tangodown. I'm leaning toward the tangodown, because of the light switch and what looks like a bigger size. However I have never been let down by anything Larue.

Anyone held both, is the larue smaller? Any other real qd foregrips I'm missing that don't have to slide on.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:03:48 AM EDT
[#1]
LaRue and TD are both great options.  LaRue is bigger diameter, and allows a stubby/full-size in a single unit using the removeable sections.  TD offers either a stubby or full size, can't be converted between the two.  Only the full size TD allows for the tape switch pocket.

Another option is the Troy MCG.  It's modular like the LaRue with a removeable center section to allow you to swap from full size to stubby, but has the form factor of the TD.  It's not true QD, but includes both a standard screw and a thumbnut screw so you can chose between flush fit or a protruding semi-QD attachment.

The troy is aluminum so it also weighs a bit more.

I've used/owned all 3 and all of them are excellent gear.  All 3 allow you to install from the side.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#2]
The FUG outshines them all IMHO.... That said, I use the shortest length and it is simply an index for me and not a "grip"  YMMV

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top