Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/7/2003 6:55:27 PM EDT
I know this question has never been asked. Of the two which one is better for long term storage and more reliable after long term storage? Thanks for your response in advance.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:47:04 PM EDT
AMMO FAQ! Pinned to top of page!
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:24:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By moxnix228: I know this question has never been asked. Of the two which one is better for long term storage and more reliable after long term storage? Thanks for your response in advance.
View Quote
For my purposes I don't make a dime's worth of difference between the two. But I have seen some recent posts stating that some of the later lots of XM193 are not sealed. I haven't bought any of the XM193 since Spring 2002, so I can't say whether it is or isn't sealed. However I can tell you that every single round of Q3131A I have seen has always been sealed. Properly stored in ammo cans with dessicant/silica gel and stored in a cool, dry spot, either will last for years and years to come. But if you insist on getting every tiny bit of added protection you can get, go with the Q3131A. But again, I don't make a bit of difference between the two and always buy whatever I find the cheapest. -Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:50:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:47:53 PM EDT
I would go with Charging handle on this in that whatever is the best price is the way to go. It really is harder than you might think to foul unsealed or poorly sealed ammo like Troy says!
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 3:15:31 AM EDT
I recently just purchased some XM193 and they are NOT sealed. I know they are relitivly new because I got them from a friends store and they just arrived at the store 2 days ago. However I dont plan on getting my Ammo or AR submerged in water so its not a problem. The only reason I bought the XM193 over the Q3131A is because thats what the store had in stock(like said above, price also dictates the sale).
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 7:14:04 AM EDT
I have both xm193 Federal/Lake City and Winchesters Q3131A/IMI? I like the Win Q3131A BEST! But its because I get better results in both Bushmasters and the Brass is PRETTY
Top Top