Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/22/2003 12:20:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/22/2003 12:22:40 PM EDT by samurairabbi]
I have wanted to have an AR on which I could easily change length of pull, from a shorty 7" entry stock up to an A2 with a 1" extension. I have figured out a way to do it, and I am asking if anyone else is interested in acquiring the parts to do it, too.

I can get 3.5" 1/4"x28-thread flathead screws through a hardware speciality source. This length allows the A2 stock to attach to the carbine buffer tube with enough thread to hold, but not too much thread to protrude into the tube and contact the buffer at full recoil; the space between stock and tube can be filled with a few A2 spacers. This way, I can quickly switch stocks at the range when small kids want to shoot my AR.

The hitch is that I must order these screws in a quantity of 100, a rather high number for ANY spares kit. I seek other people who would like to buy any of the excess from me to try the same thing. Price would be on a pro-rata basis; shipping charge would be exact cost.

My e-mail: djkatz@webtv.net
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 1:53:07 PM EDT
I have a short stock. I also have a rubber butt pad which can add the rear stock end and extend the short stock. It is much easier to mount and unmount.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 2:32:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/22/2003 2:33:01 PM EDT by samurairabbi]
Forest (on a post which apparently was just deleted) raises an interesting point about the nesting of the A2 spacers. The two spacers that I am now using are NOT shaped to the wrench surfaces on the buffer tube. My two spacers are "civilian", a Colt 6700 one, and a 1" one that came with an aftermarket extension. Are "military" A2 spacers different?
Top Top