Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2003 2:02:35 AM EDT
I have a Colt Elite, the one with the accurized barrel.  Well, I've had it with the swivel screw in the front receiver...where the upper pivots around when the back pin is out.  It is a true pain in the [neck].  Is there a conversion pushpin to make the rifle disassemble like a USGI M16 or Bushmaster AR?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:55:13 AM EDT
[#1]
If both upper and lower receivers have the same diametet hole, yes.  Small hole or large hole?

For the large hole Bushmaster's part number in the new catalog is OAK1.  I'm pretty sure you can get the small hole pin anywhere.

TS
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:25:51 AM EDT
[#2]
The conversion isn't hard I did my Colt 7.62 lower in a bout 10 min. Just make sure that you don't loose the detent pin cause it will launch 20 feet if it get's away from you.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#3]
If your lower isn't drilled for the  captive milspec pushpin, the DPMS pushpin works great. You can get these for small or large hole Colts.

Simply unscrew and remove the 2 piece Colt screw. Insert the DPMS pushpin. Go shoot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#4]
AR guys:    The nonstandard pin sizes always steered me away from the Colts before.....that's why there's a Bushy in my life, but, I've got a hankering to try a new Colt carbine.  Can anyone tell me what the current hole size is on Colts?  Large or standard small?  Or is it just the front pin with the screw head mentioned in this thread that I would have to contend with?  Do they still have larger diameter trigger pins?  Thank you for any details.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
AR guys:    The nonstandard pin sizes always steered me away from the Colts before.....that's why there's a Bushy in my life, but, I've got a hankering to try a new Colt carbine.  Can anyone tell me what the current hole size is on Colts?  Large or standard small?  Or is it just the front pin with the screw head mentioned in this thread that I would have to contend with?  Do they still have larger diameter trigger pins?  Thank you for any details.
View Quote

Are you referring to Colt's new M4 Carbine, model 6400c?  If so, they use mil-spec front pivots but still use the large trigger and hammer pins.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks M4arc:    Actually I was thinking of the other 16" barrelled carbines offered by Colt.  There's the MT6530 lightweight and another with a 16" heavy barrel.  If the price is competitive, I wouldn't rule out the new M4 version.

So, if I have this right....all current production Colts will have the large trigger pins, so simply stocking original Colt parts would take care of any future contingencies.  And I'm thinking the carbines other than the M4 have the odd front pivot pin, but I wanted to be sure, so I'm checking with you guys.  Thanks again.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#7]
All the current Colts use the standard, mil-spec front pivot pin and the large hammer & trigger pins.  I don't think you'd have a problem finding replacement parts if needed.  Besides some websites that specialize in Colt, Bushmaster also sells them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top