Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2004 11:32:24 PM EDT
I was just wondering if it would be wise to purchase a bunch of lowers before the sunset.  I feel that the law will stay the same (temporarily) or will expire.  What really scares the hell out of me is that they will enact a new law that bans our "post-bans" after a certain date. If a new law is enacted I guess that I will have to scramble to purchase uppers to make a complete gun before it is in place.  What do most of you think?

Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:36:38 PM EDT
typically if you have the stripped lower, you could get away with it since they would have to prove it wasn't assmebled into a rifle before a ban...almost impossible to prove. They would be grandfathered in all likelihood. As cheap as stripped lowers are- couldn't hurt to get 1 or 2.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:45:25 PM EDT
I will have several on hand.  The worst that happens is I build a few extras....
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:29:07 AM EDT
Note to self, order more lower blanks to put next to mini-mill and add to the "to-do" list.

I'm planning for the worst here, pretty much all my extra money is going towards lowers and recievers of various types...worst case, they'll be completed and stuck in the current "post-ban" (would that then become post-ban-pre-ban?) status....best case, I can build 'em up however I want.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:12:35 AM EDT
[b][size=6]YES!!![/size=6][/b]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:40:18 AM EDT
if there is gonna be a new ban, we'll see it coming, it won't be passed on midnight sept. 8th, it will prob. be sometime this summer when feinstein-schumer try to push their renewals through....i'lll hold off on buying lowers till then to see what the political climate is like
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 11:10:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By -Absolut-:
if there is gonna be a new ban, we'll see it coming, it won't be passed on midnight sept. 8th, it will prob. be sometime this summer when feinstein-schumer try to push their renewals through....i'lll hold off on buying lowers till then to see what the political climate is like
View Quote

If there are any available, what price do you think you will have to pay, compared to today? My guess is the supply will be dry before any law takes effect.
Top Top