Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/16/2010 8:24:24 AM EDT
Okay... I need to pull the bullets from some loaded ammo. What's the best way to do it? The rebated rim makes using my inertia hammer impractical because the 3-split shell holders can't get a grip on the round. Any advice? If I have to order a collet pulling system, which one is recommended and what items do I need? Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 10:05:04 AM EDT
Use a standard shell holder (like you use on your press) instead of the 3 piece collet in your inerta hammer
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 12:01:59 PM EDT
I flip the three jaw collet upside down and pull bullets that way.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 4:25:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cantgrowup:
Okay... I need to pull the bullets from some loaded ammo. What's the best way to do it? The rebated rim makes using my inertia hammer impractical because the 3-split shell holders can't get a grip on the round. Any advice? If I have to order a collet pulling system, which one is recommended and what items do I need? Thanks.

I have a collet puller. Much better than the hammer types.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:31:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JohnOD:
Use a standard shell holder (like you use on your press) instead of the 3 piece collet in your inerta hammer

Man.... these forums are the cat's meow! I love them. I never thought of that... using the Lee/RCBS shellholder from your press in your inertia puller and forget about those silly 3-piece collets held together with the o-ring. It worked perfectly. I just needed to lengthen the OAL on some loaded cartridges and this method allowed me to do it effortlessly.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:15:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:07:36 PM EDT
If you send them to me, I'll shoot them out for you
Top Top