Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/11/2017 5:59:51 PM EDT
Got the 14.7 psa 308 mid length barrel. I am wanting to use standard middy handguards on it. Will it work? It is a stripped barrel as it sits.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Most likely, no. I'm not familiar with the psa .308's but most mid length .308 barrels are not compatible with two piece handguards. It's been a while since I took the measurements but with most mid length .308's, the two piece handguards are either too long or too short. This is due to the placement of the gas port on the .308 vs the 5.56. Bushmaster is the only mid that I know for sure that is compatible with the two piece handguards. All others that I have personally owned, will not fit.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok thanks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely works. I have the same 14.7 pinned with a Magpul midlength handguard.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Absolutely works. I have the same 14.7 pinned with a Magpul midlength handguard.
View Quote
Good to know. The price of that barrel is tempting. The fact that two piece handguards fit, makes it even more tempting. Had any problems with it?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:29:41 PM EDT
[#5]
The 14.7" barrel had consistent chambering issues with the extractor not snapping over the rim. The cartridge chambered completely but the base was stopped on the front of the ejector and extractor. The extractor on the PA10 bolt shipped with an outer and inner spring, and two o-rings stacked on top of each other for extra tension. I removed one of the o-rings and fixed the problem.

PSA recommended the fix for another user somewhere in this thread
https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?142259-HELP-PSA-pa10(ar10-308)-BCG

It runs well with PA-10 proprietary carbine length receiver extension and spring, and an AR15 4.6oz H2 buffer.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top