Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2003 8:42:06 PM EDT
Just finished my 16" A2 build tonight.  Bought a DPMS forged lower, ordered a 16" A2 HBAR kit with the fake comp (awesome btw) from M&A.  One word about M&A, I have bought from them at the Indy gunshow many times, but this is my first mail order from them... I called  Wed. at 3:30 pm, and my order showed up Fri. at 10:00 am.  Even though I live in the same state about 4 hours away, they got my order processed, packed and shipped lightning fast.  Everything was excellent quality, with all parts fitting snug but not overly tight into my lower.  The fit between my upper and lower is the absolute best of any of my rifles, including a factory RRA DCM.  Color matches perfect, and you have to look real close at the fake flash hider to see that it isn't an A2 hider.  I am kinda funny, I don't really mind a 20" with a naked muzzle, but I can't stand the look of a 16" without something on the end.  I don't really care for the extra blast and noise of a brake with fist sized holes angled every which way either.  M&As fake fits the bill perfectly.  Now the best part........my oldest son, 12 yrs. old, helped old dad every step of the way.  He had been studying the armorers manual for the last week until we had all the parts on hand.  He actually did 80% of the build.  He was every bit as careful and patient as I would have been.  I don't know who is prouder, him or me.     Now off to the range Sunday.  He is well schooled in shooting the ARs already, and breaking this one in will be his turn.  Try to get some pics up later.

Ghillie
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds sweet. I'm looking at the 20" with the fake press on fh. I totally agree with the bare muzzle or noisy brake issue.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:25:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats.  Sounds nice.  Get some pictures.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Some pics as promised.
[IMG]http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Nov/200311161700653121869753.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Nov/200311168028169212477622.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Nov/200311168662962350853643.jpg[/IMG]

Ghillie
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice looking weapon you have there. Thanks for the review on M&A parts and upper. Glad to hear you had no problems .

SaFe ShOoTiNg
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top