Posted: 5/14/2013 8:13:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 8:25:16 AM EDT
WOO HOO!!!
Hey, progress is a good thing!!
Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 8:36:49 AM EDT
Awesome!
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 12:52:07 PM EDT
Oh man!  I've got to have one of these, thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 2:08:49 PM EDT
Get in line...
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 3:39:28 PM EDT
YESSSSSS! Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 4:17:40 PM EDT
I'm working again, so put me down for one!
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 4:51:20 PM EDT
My cousin really wants one of these, I'll have to give him a ring!
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 8:03:58 PM EDT
PICS!!!!!!!!

Can't wait.  The upper and lower are the last two Lego parts I need to complete my prototype.
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 8:54:43 PM EDT
I just need the lower.
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 8:58:18 PM EDT
Release the evil!

Link Posted: 5/14/2013 9:09:14 PM EDT
I might have to buy 2 or 3 of these damn things - I mean, what are the odds you'll be able to go to the NDS page and say 'Yeah, I'll take a couple' a year from now? Pay attention now and get in while they are hot. What amazes me most is that they've actually decided to do this. It has to be an ass-kicker from an engineering standpoint, so I want to say thank you to Mike and Harlan for once again making our dreams come true. You guys kick ass. That being said, I'm in for a blem or two!  I Plan to totally ruin the finish on at least one...

ETA:  FWIW I've been looking at what it takes (again) to make a 9mm upper run right. The buffer length is an issue. Broken BHOs seem to be endemic. Frankly I don't see any reason a 9mm AR can't run right if you set it up correctly, but it should give you some reason to understand what kind of work was involved here to make this happen. I have complete and total faith in these guys, because they understand what's involved. NDS is the shit, pure and simple.
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 10:01:10 PM EDT
Quoted:
I might have to buy 2 or 3 of these damn things - I mean, what are the odds you'll be able to go to the NDS page and say 'Yeah, I'll take a couple' a year from now? Pay attention now and get in while they are hot. What amazes me most is that they've actually decided to do this. It has to be an ass-kicker from an engineering standpoint, so I want to say thank you to Mike and Harlan for once again making our dreams come true. You guys kick ass. That being said, I'm in for a blem or two!  I Plan to totally ruin the finish on at least one...

ETA:  FWIW I've been looking at what it takes (again) to make a 9mm upper run right. The buffer length is an issue. Broken BHOs seem to be endemic. Frankly I don't see any reason a 9mm AR can't run right if you set it up correctly, but it should give you some reason to understand what kind of work was involved here to make this happen. I have complete and total faith in these guys, because they understand what's involved. NDS is the shit, pure and simple.

+1 to Mike and Harlan - where would retro be without them?
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 12:21:44 AM EDT
I have a feeling that I am late to the party. What are we talking about again? I have several NDS lowers and just got a 9mm one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 2:09:54 AM EDT
Mike--

Thanks for the update and making this a reality.  I am still in for three prototype lowers.  

--fjruple
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 4:49:24 AM EDT
I hope you mean July 2013.

Link Posted: 5/15/2013 9:15:27 AM EDT
Great news Mike and Harlan. Thanks for the update as well as taking on this project for the hive. Can't wait to put my order in!
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 5:06:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 5:56:51 AM EDT
Can't wait!
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 5:24:53 PM EDT
Good to hear there's progress on this. Can't wait to see some of these built.

But they are too late for me
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:17:12 PM EDT
Great news! I hope I'm still on the list.
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 4:28:41 AM EDT
I'm on the list but I changed jobs and moved since I was put on the list so I don't tkink Mike has a good e-mail address on me for notification anymore.

Sarge
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 4:34:10 AM EDT
Quoted:

Too late? Never too late
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 5:25:09 AM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too late? Never too late

Sadly for those of us in NY, it really is too late. But I'm glad these are coming along.

Link Posted: 5/17/2013 5:43:10 AM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too late? Never too late

Sadly for those of us in NY, it really is too late. But I'm glad these are coming along.

Oh man, sorry I didn't see where you were from.
Ya it is too late. Is there any loophole?

Link Posted: 5/17/2013 7:07:42 AM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too late? Never too late

i think the only one involves a moving van and moving beyond the state lines.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 7:53:12 AM EDT
nice
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 7:32:29 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too late? Never too late

Yep, Wife and I are looking to move. UHaul is the only option for us. Not running away, just regrouping behind the wire.
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 8:11:09 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too late? Never too late

No justice
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 8:11:53 PM EDT
I feel for ya. My folks live in upstate and when I went home to see them I'd leave all my 'prohibited items' with Olgunner in PA. What a load of shit. I'm glad now I didn't finish that ban carbine. I'll just take a 12 ga. or maybe a Suomi? Would that be legal now? Frankly, I live out west, and while I feel for you guys, that will NEVER fly here in AZ. I was thinking about buying a house in upstate NY to be closer to my folks. It'll never happen now.
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 8:30:59 AM EDT
I'm still in for a set!
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 4:47:10 AM EDT
+1 on seeing some pics when you can. Does this also mean you'll be making uppers again soon?  I need a black 604 upper for my 9mm project but will wait until you guys are rolling them again.
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 9:34:44 AM EDT
Mike,

How is the process going to work? Do the guys that put their name on list a year ago, get first dibs?
Link Posted: 6/5/2013 10:47:15 PM EDT
WOO!

I've been busy with my new toy (motorcycle) and haven't done much in the way of retro (or any gun stuff really) lately. But I might have to get on the list when these are done...
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 6:46:20 AM EDT
Quoted:

Same here. I had signed up for one (or two?) but Heinrich Cuomo changed all that...  
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 2:06:47 PM EDT
Quoted:
Mike,

How is the process going to work? Do the guys that put their name on list a year ago, get first dibs?

I was on the phone with him today ordering a lower, asked him about the prototype lowers but I should have asked him that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 3:00:40 PM EDT
So Sandusky, what did Harlan/Mike say about the proto lowers? Did you get any "heads up" at all?
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 3:24:59 PM EDT
Quoted:
So Sandusky, what did Harlan/Mike say about the proto lowers? Did you get any "heads up" at all?

Talked to Mike and no nothing different than what he said in the original post. He said that once they figure out pricing for everything he'll post it up here.

Link Posted: 6/6/2013 5:53:48 PM EDT
I am sooooooooooooooo ready to get started again on my PROTO project.
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 6:11:55 PM EDT
Quoted:

I was on the fence about building one but now I want to.
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 6:40:30 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was on the fence about building one but now I want to.

Just one?!

Link Posted: 6/6/2013 6:57:15 PM EDT
If you don't stop showing us that pic, we're all coming over to your house and throwing you in the pool. If you don't have a pool, we'll figure out an alternative. It's like waving a raw steak in front of a hungry Doberman for God's sake.
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 7:26:51 PM EDT
Quoted:
If you don't stop showing us that pic, we're all coming over to your house and throwing you in the pool. If you don't have a pool, we'll figure out an alternative. It's like waving a raw steak in front of a hungry Doberman for God's sake.

Ha, I just spit up  my coke !   Ya I probably do show it to much. But You guys have rifles to show off and I have
Boxes. and just when i think i have one filled, a new box shows up!

Actually only the bottom one will use the nodak receivers, the others will use receivers
I'm currently begging brace man to make, I think  I'm slowly wearing him down.
And one of them I gave up on, retro has to stop somewhere

I don't have a pool,,, but a pool guy does show up a couple times a month,,,,
Strange.
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 8:10:10 PM EDT
Quoted:
Strange.

do your kids look like him
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 8:15:35 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange.

So wrong, but dam funny!
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 8:54:21 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange.

So wrong, but dam funny!

That is wrong, but damn funny!
Hey, if another guy wants it , that's fine, just buy out my half
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 5:59:19 AM EDT
Quoted:

To paraphrase Chevy Chase, we have a pool, and a pond.  The pond would be good for him.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 8:17:35 AM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

To paraphrase Chevy Chase, we have a pool, and a pond.  The pond would be good for him.

No love
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 9:23:17 AM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No love

we would rib ya if we didn't love ya
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 11:52:56 AM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No love

we would rib ya if we didn't love ya

If I wanted this kind of abuse, I'd go talk to my wife.

Link Posted: 6/7/2013 11:54:55 AM EDT
Ok, I'll post a new picture, check it out.
Since it goes along with the prototype lower discussion
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top