Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 7:04:27 AM EST
Hi, I am a newbie (been reading for 2 years - but wise enough to keep quiet when I don't know), and now that I have my AR assembled, I have a question.

I have a RRA M4gery with a KAC RASII. The RASII has that little bump along the top rail as you all know. I think I want to try a Hakko, since I am undecided if I want to go red dot or magnified like an ACOG, and don't want to risk a lot of money. This seems like a cheap way to evaluate which one I am more comfortable with.

So, I want to know what kind of mount allows me to cowitness the Hakko with my iron sights. I have a ARMS #40 flip up rear already, with the standard front.

Please let me know what mount you'd recommend.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:50:30 AM EST
D R,
use the search function to look for threads like this.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=196668
You will find a ton of options. Many of the mounts will cost as much as your Tacpoint did. Have you tried it with the Tacpoint mount yet? Did it co-witness? If not, was it too high or too low?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:35:11 AM EST
Maybe that's my question - is the Tacpoint really the exact same dimensions as the Aimpoint? I didn't realize that. If so, then those mounts for the Aimpoint are all I need to know! Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:51:36 AM EST
I just got my tacpoint and i tried to use the supplied mount and it didn't work. base is too wide to tighten down on my rail. I don't know what else to do but get a different mount.

whats the most economical
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:59:09 AM EST
Any Aimpoint mount will work on the Tacpoint. The tube diameters are identical.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:24:55 PM EST
DR....same DR form the Nissan 4 wheelers..?? Blue Meanie..??
Top Top