Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/10/2003 1:03:37 AM EDT
I wanted to bring my extra 20" upper along to the range to use with my M4 clone. So I wanted to know would I have a problem with the rifle not functioning properly because of the gas system differences between the M4 barrel and a 20" barrel. Since the M4 uses a difference buffering system then an A2 stock I wanted to ask here if I would get a cycling problem if I use the 20" upper on the M4 lower.

Thanks, for looking and all replies.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:49:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Leadfoot,

I was wondering the same thing myself a little while ago and found out that it doesn't matter as long as the spring, buffer and tube all match. In other words, either all parts are for a collapsible stock or all parts are for a fixed stick. Here's where I got the info from:

[url=http://ar15.com/forums/announcement.html?b=3&f=66&id=187][b]Combinations of barrels and buttstocks[/b][/url]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Matt_B, thanks for the reply. I thought there might be a difference due to a shorter tube in the 14.5" upper. I just wanted to make sure that the 20" would cycle a round correctly with the shorter buffer system in a collapsible stock than the standard A2 buffer system in an A2 stock.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I have fired my 20 inch upper on my Carbine lower without a problem, I kept the short (also heavy) buffer and spring in the carbine.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top