Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2011 6:51:32 PM EDT
I'm happy with it.  Rock solid tight fit, lightweight ( aluminum ).

Laser is about 2.55" below bore center.
Momentary switch on TLR is perfectly accessible with left hand forefinger... with, or without bulky gloves on.

I considered cutting the sling slots off, but decided to keep them.

Installation requires drilling the existing sling rivet head, and removing the sling swivel.
Tap the mount in place with a mallet ( it's a tight fit ), then installing two hex screws ( one on side, and the one on bottom that contacts the lug ).

I got the last one from Midway - ok to back order ... Cheap / Dirt is sold out / no back order.

UPDATE:  Back in stock 23 bucks - http://www.sportsmanshuntingwarehouse.com/cp-app/hunting-supplies/ste_search_results/EXACT/100/100/ProMag   .... if you have to search, SKU number is GS-58068
Link Posted: 11/28/2011 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Scratches head - so where do you mount your bayonet?

Gig 'em,

backbencher
Link Posted: 11/29/2011 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#2]
He gets a small piece of rail for his MOE, then attaches a rail mounted bayonet or TWO!!!

Back to OP, I really like the TLR.  For a little over 100 bucks the light rocks!!

Quoted:
Scratches head - so where do you mount your bayonet?

Gig 'em,

backbencher

Link Posted: 11/30/2011 3:52:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats a neat way to make it cali compliant.
Link Posted: 12/1/2011 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I like it. I have a very similar setup. A KZ single rail bayo adaptor, side sling swivel and a TLR-1. I find the light activation very easy and I like that it is a nuetral 6 o'clock position.

Besides bayonets don't work on 16" carbines anyway so no big loss for me.

My OKC M9 fits great on my A4 though. :)

Heres an old pic before I added the side sling swivel:
http://i41.tinypic.com/9g94x0.jpg
Link Posted: 12/1/2011 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I like it. I have a very similar setup. A KZ single rail bayo adaptor, side sling swivel and a TLR-1. I find the light activation very easy and I like that it is a nuetral 6 o'clock position.

Besides bayonets don't work on 16" carbines anyway so no big loss for me.

My OKC M9 fits great on my A4 though. :)

Heres an old pic before I added the side sling swivel:
http://i41.tinypic.com/9g94x0.jpg

Nice Rifle

I really do like my TLR2 - the placement of the rocker switch is absolutely perfect.
I allows the shooter to keep a full ( thumb over ) grip on the hand guard while using the light - either in momentary or " on " position... even with gloves on.

With the laser switched on ( with light ) and zeroed at 35 yards ... just about right for HD on my one acre lot.

There aren't many that could make a 100 yard dash, before I'd have time to make an un-shouldered, fairly well placed - laser pointed - mag dump -

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Bump.... they are back in stock for 23 bucks... check the bottom of OP.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I also bought this promag mount to use with my tlr-1, really like it, very solid, like the way it keeps the light under the barrel, I don't like things hanging off the sides.http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac124/bigjoe7757/IMAG0499.jpg
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:17:54 AM EDT
[#8]
How does it handle heat?  I'm sure that rail will get HOT once the FSB is warmed up.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I put around 200 rounds through it with out an issue, ran pretty fast through two mags, barrel was hot, mount got a slightly warm but nothing I feel I would worry about and could touch it without an issue,
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top