Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 10:31:33 PM EDT
Does anyone know if there is a legal way for a regular citizen, such as myself,  to own an AR or other prohibited firearm in Canada? hinking.gif

Thanks for your help in advance...

J
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Assert your God-given rights and ignore the man-made law?

But seriously, I thought you guys got all the good stuff, as in you can buy silencers over the counter and such.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Try to contact Wolverine Supplies

"The vast majority of products offered by Wolverine Supplies are available to be purchased and owned by suitably licenced individuals. We sell direct to retail customers or you can order through your local dealer. Retail Lay-A-Way plans are available. If you are uncertain as to your eligibility to acquire a certain class of firearm, please e-mail us with your particulars and we will be happy to advise you on what your options are."

Walli
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Over the counter = Medicine hAhh what can you do.... *sigh*
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Suitably licenced as in?... all I have, and can get, is a Non-Restricted/Restricted license.

J
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Suitably licenced as in?... all I have, and can get, is a Non-Restricted/Restricted license.

J

If you have a restricted PAL you can get an AR-15... Just no AKs, FALs, FNCs, AR-180s and you cant have mags with a capacity greater than 5.

Go to: www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/default_e.asp

There is a whole list of what is "Restricted". There is also a board called canadiangunnutz, about/for Canadians, google it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#6]
ARs aren't prohib in Canada.

You've got the right paperwork, now go buy yourself a rifle.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if there is a legal way for a regular citizen, such as myself,  to own an AR or other prohibited firearm in Canada?

J

Anyone that can buy real SIG carbines had better not be bitching about anything
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

If you have a restricted PAL you can get an AR-15... Just no AKs, FALs, FNCs, AR-180s and you cant have mags with a capacity greater than 5.

Go to: www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/default_e.asp

There is a whole list of what is "Restricted". There is also a board called canadiangunnutz, about/for Canadians, google it.

Thanks FlamingGlory :)
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does anyone know if there is a legal way for a regular citizen, such as myself,  to own an AR or other prohibited firearm in Canada? hinking.gif

J

Anyone that can buy real SIG carbines had better not be bitching about anything hr

Can I bitch about having to pin those Sig Shortie mags to 5 rounds?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
ARs aren't prohib in Canada.

You've got the right paperwork, now go buy yourself a rifle.

Ya some AR's may not be prohibited, but having a full-auto AR is, plus the mag limit sucks :P

I'm better off sticking with a .338 win. mag. or something? hy.gif

J
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Get a STAG. Do it now.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Ya some AR's may not be prohibited, but having a full-auto AR is, plus the mag limit sucks :P

I'm better off sticking with a .338 win. mag. or something? hy.gif

J

Wrong wrong wrong!

Go get your yourself a Armalite M15A4 with the 11.5" chrome lined barrel from wolverine supplies and ENJOY the joys of SBR and BRD!

or get a 500$ M-305 ...

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#13]
do you not just need a collectors licence to own AR's

the gunshop in my area sells bushies

btw i live in ontairo
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
do you not just need a collectors licence to own AR's

the gunshop in my area sells bushies

btw i live in ontairo

Sure, but what is the point if you can't shoot it?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#15]
i just figured if u could own it you couls shoot it too

havent done much research on it  sorry

-SPART8N
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#16]
So I found that Canadian website absolutely disturbing when I visited it. I think if anything like that happened around TX, I would just be a criminal, plain and simple. There's no way I would ever seek a license/registration.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So I found that Canadian website absolutely disturbing when I visited it. I think if anything like that happened around TX, I would just be a criminal, plain and simple. There's no way I would ever seek a license/registration.

Thank God I am not the only one that thinks that way.

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

You think thats bad? Take a look at the new NY assault rifle ban in the state assembly. Makes Canada and Kalifornia look like firearm anarchies!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I think NY and CA are lost forever.   You will have to register your testicles next.  Meanwhile they will have a thousand legislative sessions on legalizing weed, and allowing undoccumented immigrants free reign.  Go figure.

CAN by the way follow the British example of chipping away at gun owners rights little by little.  They even used the same staged formula.  It seems that they will ultimately prohibit all handguns, and most semi auto's.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Well the thing that I found stood out the most on the canadian site was that is specifically mentioned that certain guns were prohibited for personal protection. That just blew my mind. I suppose that is the extreme left rubbing it in to all the canadians who have lost their ability to bear arms free of government control. Wouldnt that open up the government for potential liabilty for wrongful death suits though, since they are clearly saying on their gun control website that you are not allowed to defend yourself with the most effective tools available? But then again if the government can manipulate the law that far, they probably wrote in some provisions against the govt. being liable for those things after they disarmed folks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I think NY and CA are lost forever.   You will have to register your testicles next.  Meanwhile they will have a thousand legislative sessions on legalizing weed, and allowing undoccumented immigrants free reign.  Go figure.

CAN by the way follow the British example of chipping away at gun owners rights little by little.  They even used the same staged formula.  It seems that they will ultimately prohibit all handguns, and most semi auto's.

Very true 48thHighlander. Handguns and other restricted firearms will probably become prohibited sometime in the near future, It's just a matter of time I guess,

As soon as the Liberals in Canada get back in, which they most likely will in the next election, I bet they will complete their handgun ban like they originally wanted too before loosing the last campaign.

Time to load up on restricted weapons and ammo before the sweep!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:48:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd just like to know, as a first time potential buyer and a real newbie to this stuff, what to get?.... St1650 recommended the Armalite M15A4. Everyone agree or are there any other suggestions?

Thanks J
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'd just like to know, as a first time potential buyer and a real newbie to this stuff, what to get?.... St1650 recommended the Armalite M15A4. Everyone agree or are there any other suggestions?

Thanks hr

There are a few shops I know of in ONT that carry Bushys...  Really cant go wrong with Bushmaster/Colt/Stag/LMT (not sure if you guys have the last one yet). Never had an Armalite but lotta people like them.

All these companies have websites. Visit them. Read the threads around here. Go to a shop that has some and feel 'em up.

Only thing I'll say is get a flat top so you can get an aimpoint/eotech someday.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:22:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks hr

There are a few shops I know of in ONT that carry Bushys...  Really cant go wrong with Bushmaster/Colt/Stag/LMT (not sure if you guys have the last one yet). Never had an Armalite but lotta people like them.

All these companies have websites. Visit them. Read the threads around here. Go to a shop that has some and feel 'em up.

Only thing I'll say is get a flat top so you can get an aimpoint/eotech someday.

Sounds good.... thanx for the info!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#25]
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#26]
I recently had a some folks from Kingston, ON visit.  Friends of the wife.  Conversation turned to what we do for a living.  I told them.  They had no idea "what kind of guns I was talking about."

So I showed them.  They guy was holding an MP5 when his wife asked if she should take a picture.

He said, "NO WAY!"  She looked embarrassed at his over reaction, so she turned to me and said,  "He is thinking of getting into politics."

WTF?

When I go there, and folks ask, I try to avoid telling them as they treat me like a mass murderer.  However the same people say, "Saddam Hussain wasn't hurting anybody, why did the f*$king Americans keep sticking their nose where is doesn't belong."

Allrighty then.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top