Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/28/2006 5:50:50 AM EDT
I bought one of the original carbon 15 pistols from professional ordnance, like most I did have promblems with it.  I did send it back to them and after polishing the  feed ramps and as long as I use thermold magazines it functions flawlessly.

Lately I was thinking whether or not it would be posible to upgrade with a Bushmaster pistol upper and still use the same receiver.  Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:59:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Contact Bushmaster, they may fix it for you.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Contact Bushmaster, they may fix it for you.

+1
See if they can help you out with it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I will contact Bushmaster.  Was hoping someone had already tried this.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think you'll have any luck.
I've got a Pro Ord. pistol that head to be sent in twice to loosen up the chamber, because it wouldn't extract brass. Well, it still doesn't extract brass, but it runs Wolf flawlessly, so I'm accepting it for what it is. Sorry for the sidetrack.

BUT, being that Pro. Ord. used the shorter than normal bolt carrier, I'm wondering if there's going to be a problem with usgina an upper that has the standard sized carrier in it? I've tried putting a standard bolt from a Bushmaster in the pistol, and it feels like it locks up fine, but I'm not willing to actually fire it, being that the lugs are a different shape. Standard sized bolt, smaller carrier. Problems fitting to lower?
I guess I could get the Bushmaster out and compare the size of the lowers, side by side.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I spoke with Bushmaster the uppers will not work with the lower receivers.  They were
designed that way on purpose.  My runs flawlessly after i received it back and had the
feed ramps polished.  
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top