Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 6:54:09 AM EDT
I see, and have seen, several sellers advertising that only 300 LE6920HBs were made and that roughly half of those are already in LE use.  Where is the credible source for the prdouction #s and the # sold to LEAs?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I think SAWLESALES has that number documented also. They have quite a few of the 300 in stock.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Replacement M4A1 barrel Assemblies
Colt shipped approximately 120 spare barrel assemblies
SA02018 LE6920HB 16in barrel and front sight assembly $450.00
SA02019 LE6921HB/R0921HB 14.5in barrel and front sight assembly $450.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upper Receiver Groups or "Top-end". Colt overran less than 75 spare upper receiver groups, but there are a few available.
SA03049 LE6920HB (16in) Upper Receiver Group $895.00
SA03050 LE6920HB (16in) Upper Receiver Group with bolt group & charging handle $995.00
SA03051 LE6921HB/R0921HB (14.5in) Upper Receiver Group $895.00
SA03052 LE6921HB/R0921HB (14.5in) Upper Receiver Group with bolt group & charging handle $995.00

WWW.SAWLESALES.COM   THEY DO HAVE THEM IF YOU NEED A FEW   AS ALWAYS TOP DOLLAR
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#3]
If the LE6920HB were such a great set-up why did Colt only make 300 of them?

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess I'm not coming across clearly; Beside's any number of dealer's claims, where can this info be readilly confirmed.  Pointing to one of many dealer's website's does not PROVE that the claim is true.  SAW did not get all of these as some have been sold on the EE by other dealers.  Just wanting proof that only 300 were made.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you write Colt?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess I could do that, though I was asking if someone had that info readilly available.  Just seems that some are quick to believe an ADVERTISER'S claims w/o confirming.  Maybe I could sell some of that oceanfront property I have in Arizona.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I guess I'm not coming across clearly; Beside's any number of dealer's claims, where can this info be readilly confirmed.  Pointing to one of many dealer's website's does not PROVE that the claim is true.  SAW did not get all of these as some have been sold on the EE by other dealers.  Just wanting proof that only 300 were made.  Thanks in advance.

Good point  Holden,
But I think there is not a definitive resource for that, given Colt's unwillingness to talk to civilians about sale of the AR, much less a LE version.

therefore, I am perfectly willing to accept SAW's word on that. They are the highest volume Colt LE/dealer/armorer I have found, have been 100% with me on business, and I do not think they would post that specific a claim without merit.

Too much to lose- over too little to gain. What $100 premium per rifle or less? I cannot  imagine risking a multi-million/yr firearm business, plus the govt. restrictions and all, just to make $2,000 on a hyped claim.?

I would repeat the question of why only 300, if there is something special about it?

someone said that the HB is sometimes preferred for full-auto set-ups, given the heat factor-

other than that...?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Since the LE6920 is semi and the only justification is for heat dissapation, then the question should be why even 300; it wouldn't be necessary as these weapons would not be subjected to full auto conditions.  I believe that there might be SOME increased accuracy with the heavy barrel, esp under substained fire, but given that the 6920 is CQC type weapon and midrange at best, that's not very convincing, either.  

I have one.  I bought from a dealer on the EE a few weeks back and payed a third of what some are asking for this particular model (I would be surprised if the guy actually realizes this amount).  If collectible-great.  The rifle shoots flawlessly and I am not about to put it up in order realize some future gain at the expense of present enjoyment.  I just wanted to know if this rifle is as rare as they claim it is????
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Since the LE6920 is semi and the only justification is for heat disspation, then the question should be why even 300; it wouldn't be necessary as these weapons would not be subjected to full auto conditions.  I believe that there might be SOME increased accuracy with the heavy barrel, esp under substained fire, but given that the 6920 is CQC type weapon and midrange at best, that's not very convincing, either.  

I have one.  I bought from a dealer on the EE a few weeks back and payed a third of what some are asking for this particular model (I would be surprised if the guy actually realizes this amount).  If collectible-great.  The rifle shoots flawlessly and I am not about to put it up in order realize some future gain at the expense of present enjoyment.  I just wanted to know if this rifle is as rare as they claim it is????

I was one of the other guys who got one of these from the same dealer. I chose not to shoot mine.

Like someone else said, SAW is well-respected and wouldn't try to ruin their rep by putting out phony production numbers.

Since I still wanted a M4-style rifle to shoot & enjoy, I used the money I got selling a Steyr SPP last week and bought a LE Bushmaster patrolman's carbine...and I had money left over for a set of M4 handguards & a side sling swivel.

Scott

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#10]
This doesn't directly answer the question but.. Colt has made several thousand 14.5" 6921HB uppers- almost all are in military hands- as for the 16" 6920HB, I don't think .Gov has ever placed a large order for these so a total run of 300 doesn't sound crazy... prolly not a lot of demand for such a thing...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I guess I could do that, though I was asking if someone had that info readilly available.  Just seems that some are quick to believe an ADVERTISER'S claims w/o confirming.  Maybe I could sell some of that oceanfront property I have in Arizona.hr

I have dealt personally with SAW and they are extremely professional. They  (Tina) explained that the minimum custom order from Colt is 300 units and that you have to pay for it  in advance.  Seems like some agency wanted to buy around 150 rifles so they ponied up the amount for 300 units. If you do some research, Ken Elmore (SAW's owner) is one of  a few certified Colt armorer/trainer (his name is on Colt's website) and he's also an instructor at Maricopa Tactical here in Phoenix. The other dealers around the country most likely got their rifles from SAW as no one has the clout or resources to pony up for 300 custom order rifles.  If you have one of these, you can get an authentication letter from Colt certifying that it's one of 300 made or something to that effect. Colt will verify whether your rifle left the factory in the HB barrel configuration. Just give them the serial no. I suspect some people will buy complete HB uppers, slap them on an LE6920 receiver and claim it's one of the 300 made. Collectible or not, I'm gonna shoot mine up hehe.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top