Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2005 5:57:38 AM EDT
Good morning people,
New to the board and just have a question for those who have the "inside" info as far as what is actually available out here to us wanting to spend the money. I have gotten pretty much the same feedback from Colt & Bushmaster telling me they are having a "difficult" time keeping up with their contract quota & that there is going to be a somewhat long lead time for private orders.
Any and all feedback would be greatly apprecitated.
Thanks in advance,
MSPTXN (misplacedtexan)
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Superior Arms stripped lowers Immediately available.... over 150 in stock now. Complete rifles are available, inquire with what you want.  Most orders ship within 3-4 weeks on complete rifles.

Leo Williams
Superior Arms
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 8:15:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Two ideas:

1) Go to "Equipment Exchange" here and look under the heading "COMPLETE FIREARMS AND LOWER RECEIVERS". Bring checkbook.

2) Head yer ass to the local newsstand and pick up the latest "SHOTGUN NEWS".  Bring checkbook.

If you can't find what you're looking for there, there is no hope for you.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#3]
True. Icould do that. But why spend an extra 300 or if I don't have to?
From what I have seen on the equipment listing here, if I were to wait I could stand to save hundreds. That equals additional extra attachments for her. No to mention it being NIB w/warranty.

Then again, I could very well be wrong...........
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
True. Icould do that. But why spend an extra 300 or if I don't have to?
From what I have seen on the equipment listing here, if I were to wait I could stand to save hundreds. That equals additional extra attachments for her. No to mention it being NIB w/warranty.

Then again, I could very well be wrong...........

???????

What Colt or Bushmaster product are you looking for?   I've always seen it on the EE for much less than the MSRP.  I don't think you can buy a Colt or Bushmaster product for less than the EE unless you were an authorized dealer.  

Here are some good Colt/BM deals (if none of these are to your taste I'm sure you can find what you want at a great price):

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=271657

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=283805

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=284703

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=279878

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=281265

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=279712

And, for the best deals on the entire EE [shameless plug]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=281135

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=93&t=281131
[/shameless plug]  

You'll almost always find things here on the EE for much less than you'll find at a gun shop and it's a rare gun show deal that beats the EE.  The EE is a decided buyer's market.  In my case, at the current price I'm losing $$ on the upper.  The Remington - with a match barrel and with accurization work!! -  is selling for less than what I believe a factory Model 7 would sell if  Walmart carried it, and almost $200 under MSRP.  

Moving to a rifle you may be looking for, Bushmaster 16" M4 that bigbore's selling on the last link above is nearly $300 under MSRP.   I've seen Bushmaster A2s for around $600  within the past month or so (and that one went pretty fast).  

Good luck on finding your Colt or Bushmaster.  

[ETA: I just bought a certain AR on the EE for hundreds less than I've seen at any other dealer.  I could not have gotten a deal like that locally]
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:22:57 AM EDT
[#6]
NIB Bushmaster 11.5 barrel w/ 5.5 supressor (Shorty), Tele stock, M4 A3 (detachable handle) $880.00. Should arrive next week. The wait was worth it. Now just need to start tricking it out a little bit at a time. Will put pics up when it arrives.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
NIB Bushmaster 11.5 barrel w/ 5.5 supressor (Shorty), Tele stock, M4 A3 (detachable handle) $880.00. Should arrive next week. The wait was worth it. Now just need to start tricking it out a little bit at a time. Will put pics up when it arrives.

How long have you been waiting for this gun?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:21:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Almost a month before availability came up.  Me being just a normal blue collar nobody Colt didn't have the time of day for me. At least Bushmaster responded with a letter explaining the backlog. Doesn't matter really. It's nothing more than a big boy toy for me. It's an anniversary present from the Mrs. !
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Almost a month before availability came up.  Me being just a normal blue collar nobody Colt didn't have the time of day for me. At least Bushmaster responded with a letter explaining the backlog. Doesn't matter really. It's nothing more than a big boy toy for me. It's an anniversary present from the Mrs. !

I just got a Bushmaster 14.5" A3 Izzy that I waited over 3 months for.  It was worth it, though.  It has been perfect so far.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:39:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Took it out to the range yesterday. I am very impressed with how it shot. Staight out of the box the BSZ (battle sight zero) was in the black at 25yds. At 50yds still in the black , At 100yds 1 click up & 1 click right. All in the black with the exception of my screw ups. Should tighten the group up a bit once I install some optics (undecided which one yet). Over all I am very pleased with it. It's been many cattle drives ago since I carried my weapon in the Corps but I seem to recall the gas rings on the Colt being just a little bit more thicker? It being new and all, I am having trouble with the handguards (never issued a "new" weapon in the six years I was in). The Bushmaster's case that it came in has a lot to be desired (guess something is better than nothing).
Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:27:54 AM EDT
[#11]
You can find various models of Bushmaster ARs at Cheaper Than Dirt stores.  Before I get flamed, I didn't say they have the best prices just that they seem to be able to always have a fairly good selection of Bushmasters on hand at any given time.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:00:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Heck parner, I for one am 40+ yrs old and don't beleive in that flaming crap. Every man has a right to his opinion. At least thats what I thought I had served my country for.
I'm just tickled pink with this new toy.
That any and all suggestions and or leads to various different sites is greatly apprecatied. There is a heck of lot more out there than I had expected, so by ya'll putting me on the various scents like ya'll are doing I should be able to hunt down the things I like or don't like. It's my choice good bad or indifferent.  
The last time I check nobody else is offering to buy this stuff for me. So suggest ahead please!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:00:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I do not know about all of you out there but I have several Gun Dealers around town that always have AR'S in stock. Though there is only one dealer who carries and has NIB Colts in stock. They might be a tad bit more money but if I wanted another one today I could have one today. There is a NIB ArmaLite AR10 on the shelf as well. I will admit if I wanted a 6920, a Dissipator, or a competition target match rifle I would be waiting. But for A3/A2 carbine’s or 20” rifles no problem.

There is also a dealer in Carson city that has Bushmaster, DPMS, and Stag lowers in stock everyday.

So I just do not see what the fuss is all about.
Maybe I am just lucky because of where I live and others are not so.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top