Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 6:46:35 PM EDT
I tried out my wife's new AR, it fired perfectly with my old magazines, but with the new mags I purchased from 44mag, it would not chamber nor would the bolt close (even using the assist).

When I used those same mags in my AR - they functioned fine.

Would iot be better if I just broke in her magazines for her?

Thanks,
Kenny
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#2]
It would not feed correctly and the lips at the top of the magazine had wear spots.  They functioned perfectly in my old Oly Arms, but her Superior Arms lower/Bushy upper just would not feed right.

Her's worked perfectly with my old mags, not a hitch.

It was weird.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Important question - What brand mags are they?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#4]
mag sets too high in the mag well and probably has feed lips that are excesively high anyway, they are rubbing the bottom of the bolt...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Are they 20rd magazines? I got some from 44magcom and have the same problem, the mag lips catch the bolt.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#6]
either mag catch hole is off or feedlips too tall, i would send the mags back or contact them
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#7]
44mag folks will take care of you. They are top notch.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Check the distance the mag catch is down from the top of the lower with the prints.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top