Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2008 8:23:08 PM EDT
I made the mistake of buying a few hundred rounds of ammo from Main Cartridge Company, and this ammo is down right terrible.  It fires fine I guess, but there is a huge problem with primers...the primers fall out of the spent rounds!!!  After the round fires, the primer falls out and will usually get stuck between the bolt and the next round, causing a jam.  That, or it falls into the trigger area and then the trigger jams.  I'd say at least 1/3 of the primers fall out after firing.

I wouldn't feel right selling this to someone to get rid of it, and I don't wanna just throw it out, so is there possibly any way to get the primers to stay in place so I can just use what I have left?  I don't know anything about a topic like this, so any help would be great.  And just as a comparison, none of the Remington UMC I used had this problem.

Thanks in advance!
-Derek
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I had similar issues with American Ammunition. headstamp A-MERC.

sounds like they were either loaded waaay too hot, or the primer pockets are not in spec. dont shoot any more of it! Send it back!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top