Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2009 1:48:07 PM EST
I've been running converted UZI and ProMag polymer mags in my 9mm Rock River without any problems.  I recently picked up quite a few CProduct mags, mostly 32 rounders but a few 20rd mags as well.  I tried some of them out today, and experienced quite a few stovepipes with both the 20 and 32rd mags with ball and +P HP's.  Now, the same ammo functioned fine in the ProMags, and the only problems occurred with the CProducts.  

Anyone else run into this problem?
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 3:50:46 PM EST
Some work, some don't.  Tell Larry in the following forum..

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=216

Link Posted: 1/21/2009 5:04:03 PM EST
Quoted:
I've been running converted UZI and ProMag polymer mags in my 9mm Rock River without any problems.  I recently picked up quite a few CProduct mags, mostly 32 rounders but a few 20rd mags as well.  I tried some of them out today, and experienced quite a few stovepipes with both the 20 and 32rd mags with ball and +P HP's.  Now, the same ammo functioned fine in the ProMags, and the only problems occurred with the CProducts.  

Anyone else run into this problem?

Do a search and you will see that they work for some but not for others.

I had the same issues and I'm not making mods to gun or mags to get them to work. I now have Colt/Metalform mags and both my 9mm's work as they should.

Link Posted: 1/21/2009 7:04:42 PM EST
I'm curious if stovepiping is one of the common problems.  I've done a search or two, but haven't found much.
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 7:22:58 PM EST
Sounds like your feedlips are too high and are causing friction on the bolt, not allowing the cases to eject properly.
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 7:57:48 AM EST
They don't work for me (RRA block).  I get exactly the misfeed pictured here:

Check the third page of this thread for more info.  

If I use the magazine like a monopod my CProducts mags fail every time.

I can't make a modified UZI mag fail at all, in any orientation.

I'm going to try metalform mags, the conventional wisdom here seems to be that they feed like the UZI mags and LRBHO works too.  They are $20 more than a CP mag, but I'll spend at least that much money in ammo "proofing" a new C products mag.

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:29:59 AM EST
I get the same as pictured above with the last round in the mag when using in my Bushy.

Does anybody know what the newest generation follower looks like or says.  I should have it I have just got the mags recently.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 7:59:40 AM EST
Quoted:
I get the same as pictured above with the last round in the mag when using in my Bushy.

Does anybody know what the newest generation follower looks like or says.  I should have it I have just got the mags recently.

I beleive they are marked 9mm on the underside of the follower.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 9:50:26 AM EST
The newer CP mags I've purchased with the teflon coating seem to work pretty well, but most of mine will have a FTF like the picture posted above.  I have a factory Colt 6450 so magblock placement shouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 12:26:48 PM EST
I could not get CP mags to work. Changed followers,replaced complete mags,I gave up and stayed with uzi & colt mags.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 1:38:30 PM EST
I recently purchased one, and after filing some of the feed lip away as it was keeping the bolt from closing, it allows the gun to function well, locking the bolt back after the last round, but stangly enough, the last casing doesn't get kicked out of the ejection port?  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 3:02:41 PM EST
I have 12 of them (10 32-rd mags and 2 20-rd mags), and all work 100% with my RRA mag blocks (both of them).  I have 10 more 32-rd mags on the way from C Products right now.

Did you lower your mag block like C Products says on their webpage?
http://www.cproductsllc.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22_37&products_id=60

If purchasing a 9mm magazine for use in a Rock River Rifle, you will need to adjust the magazine block .015-.020 lower to function properly in this platform.

I didn't measure mine or anything.  I just stuck the mag block in, inserted a mag so it locked in, pulled the block down until it bottomed out against the mag and the mag against the catch, and tightened the screw on the block to lock it in place there.  Works everytime (about 400 rounds fired - no stovepipes and no jams - nothing other than feeding, firing and ejecting).
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 4:23:22 PM EST
No, I didn't adjust the mag block as I bought the whole rifle from RRA complete, and in every other way it works fine and I don't want to screw it up just for a magazine.  I have a 32 rd. Promag that runs just fine, I just wanted a mag that wasn't as long as the Promag.  Only thing I can think of is the bolt is still dragging a bit on the magazine so in moving back on the last round doesn't have the speed to kick out that last round.  Maybe a bit more filiing will do the trick (i've filed only a very small amount of materiel off the left lip only).
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 2:56:14 PM EST
You may or may not be aware of but the 9mm AR-15, like the Colt 635 it was modeled after had a long history of feeding issues.

MOST of them were solved by a very easy "fix"

Step 1: download the magazine by 2 rounds.

Step 2: Make saure the top round (first to feed) is on the left, when looking at the magazine from the rear.

I had FTF one after the other.  An "old" friend observed this and said he could fix it for the cost of a cold beer.

He removed a few rounds from a magazine to ensure the first one to go was on the left and the gun dumped the hole mag with out fail.

I loaded another mag and it ran the mag again.

Needless to say, I was happy to but him a beer, and I haven't had a dozen FTF's in over 1000 rounds now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:14:49 PM EST
Quoted:
Maybe a bit more filiing will do the trick (i've filed only a very small amount of materiel off the left lip only).

The right lip (ejection port side) is typically what needs filing.
See this post http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=387562
It even includes pics.
Worked for me on the first batch I got. A later batch with Orange followers didn't need it, and appeared that they were formed without the peak on the lips.
Top Top