Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2004 8:26:51 AM EDT
Hello!

I'm having a problem removing the trigger and hope someone here can help. I have a Rock River Arms Entry Tactical in preban configuration. It has the RRA National Match 2-stage trigger. I'm trying to remove the trigger to install a new one, but for some reason the hammer pin and trigger pin seem to be stuck. Even with conciderable force the pins refuse to move. I'm under the impression that typically these pins should move quite easily when pushed from the ejection port side.

I tried to remove the hammer pin first. I tried pushing with a bullet tip, no luck. I then tried tapping it out with a thin metallic bar, didn't work. I even tried tapping it lightly with a small hammer, but it didn't move one bit!  

Does RRA use some special method of locking the pins in place? If so, how does one remove the pins? I would appreciate any help. I'm getting frustrated here! I don't want to ruin the lower, but these damn pins are really tight!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:45:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had to use a punch and a hammer to get mine out.  They are slightly oversized IIRC.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:52:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Slightly over-sized? Really? I'm having a KAC 2-stage coming in, will it fit properly? I really hope so, otherwise I'll have to start hunting for new pins.

Hmmm, guess I'll just have to use more force then. I'm getting this funny feeling I shouldn't be doing this, so I'll wait a while longer to hear some more opinions. Thanks for you help, I'm not doubting you, I just want to make sure I don't ruin anything.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Never had a problem removing the RRA Nat'l Match trigger from my RRA lower, perhaps this might help w/ disassembly instructions: www.geocities.com/molonlaberkba/triggerjob.html

Mike

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I have swapped several.  You should be able to use the pins that came with the RRA on your new trigger if the others dont fit.  

Again, I am not positive.  I have two DPMS lowers, one came with a stock triger and one with a JP.  I installed RRA triggers in both and the pins that came with the RRA were both a bit more difficult to get in the those that came out.  I mean I didn't have to pound on anything, but it did take more to get the RRA pins in than the other out.    
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Rock River does indeed make their pins with their two stage trigger just a tad oversize so as to stay put in the lower and provide a better trigger pull. With standard pins that tend to rotate with each trigger pull and hammer fall, the trigger pull is slightly different and not as good as it should be. Once your new trigger arrives either use the pins you just pulled out or peen the inside of the lower just a bit with a punch and ball bearing. Always use a punch to remove the pins that way you will not mar the finish the lower.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Also use some good lube on the pins.  I use Kroil for a situation like this and it sure makes things easier.  This stuff really creeps..  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:49:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the tips!  I'll try again today with proper tools and a whole lot of determination.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:44:32 AM EDT
[#8]
The RRA pins are .154 vs .153 for normal trigger pins. KAC offers .154 trigger pins as well for guns that have wallowed out the pin holes from full-auto.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Got the pins out, they just needed a good solid punch to get them moving. The rest was easy. Thanks again for the tips!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top