Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 9:48:01 PM EDT
I have a new to me set of YHM forearms and cant seem to get them on. I can't get the delta ring low enough to get the bottom end in and secure. This is on the TOP or 3 rail portion. I can get the bottom bit in but not the top.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:13:04 AM EDT
[#1]
have someone help you or get the handguard tool
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#2]
If i understand you right, I had the same problem installing handguards on one of my AR's. Try putting front end of handguard in cap first then tapping on back side of handguard with a very soft face mallet to make sure it is seated all the way in the handguard cap. This was all mine needed as the handguard was a much tighter fit then the original. If this works for you, after installed, then lightly tap Delta ring with the soft faced mallet to insure that Delta ring is fitted well aginst back side of handguard.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok guys, got it. thanks, nothing like a dead blow mallet to persuade parts.

Now just to get some rib covers, a handle and tac light and I'll be set...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top