Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/16/2005 5:20:31 PM EDT
With it fully extended, 1st shot sends it fwd two posistions. If I set it on the 3rd one out it does not do act as such, only in the 4th one, fully extended out.

Should I just ditch it and get a new one? Or is there something I can do with the pin to make it longer? Or the plastic may be worn?

It has about 3k rounds through it.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:22:30 PM EDT
Who manufactured it?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:28:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2005 5:29:15 PM EDT by ZitiForBreakfast]
Sorry, I guess that would have helped...

This one DPMS

I got it through some vendor in SGN.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:00:50 PM EDT
sounds like the little pin that locks the stock in is not adjusted right

look at the little nut along the adjustment lever and thread it out a little so the threaded portion can lock into the holes a little further
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:16:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2005 7:23:11 PM EDT by j3_]
The DPMS stock I bought had a short spring that held little to no pressure on the pin when it was in a hole. When I took it apart I found the plastic was drilled so deep it worried me it was not thick enough to stand much use or the installation of a stiffer spring. I did find a longer spring the same size to put in it to give it a little constant pressure. The stock is still in the top of the closet. I never used it because of this.

I also had a stock once that the pin wore the aluminum on an angle after shooting for a year or so. It would slide past the hole to the next one when you shot it. I tried running the nut off a little so it would seat deeper in the hole but then after shooting the pin bent because the small portion was to low. I had to cut the pin off to get the stock off because the lever would not retract the bent pin.
Top Top