Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2003 10:10:08 AM EDT
I have used my Propoint for about a year, and I really like it. I had it mounted, awkwardly, on a cheap rail and it did fine. Occassionally, it would get a little loose, because of the poor quality mount.

I bought a new gooseneck rail and mounted the Propoint on the front of the rail.

The damn thing was crooked...not The gooseneck rail, the ProPoint.

I took the ProPoint off and eyeballed the rail, it was straight as an arrow.

I had another set of rings at the house, but they would not fit the ProPoint.

I have no idea how my rings became bent/warped/misshapen. Anyone know what rings I need to order to replace my defective ones?

I would like for hte rings to be as low as possible so that I can Co-Witness my iron and red dot sight.

TIA

TRG

Link Posted: 9/17/2003 1:40:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:27:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Troy: If I'm not mistaken, the ProPoints come with proprietary 33mm rings, and I don't know of a source for replacements. You might want to contact Bushnell, as they took over Tasco's warranty work and some of their products. -Troy
View Quote
Troy, I shimmed it with a flexible bit of refrigerator magnet, no shit. Working fine now. TRG
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 12:17:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TheRedGoat:
Originally Posted By Troy: If I'm not mistaken, the ProPoints come with proprietary 33mm rings, and I don't know of a source for replacements. You might want to contact Bushnell, as they took over Tasco's warranty work and some of their products. -Troy
View Quote
Troy, I shimmed it with a flexible bit of refrigerator magnet, no shit. Working fine now. TRG
View Quote
Improvise, adapt, and overcome!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:37:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Zardoz:
Originally Posted By TheRedGoat:
View Quote
View Quote
Improvise, adapt, and overcome!
View Quote
Well... I had gone to the gunstore after I got home. I tried to locate new rings.. ($65.00 !!). They did not have the 30mm rings I needed. I went by Wally World, found a good deal on some ammo and some electronic earmuffs, but they also had no rings. So...refrigerator magnet strip was just about right. Two small pieces stacked on top of each other did the trick. TRG
Top Top