Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/7/2005 11:27:22 PM EDT
I love my Giles sling for certain reasons.  I was appoaching a house to do a welfare check on a 911 call hangup with my rifle.  I jumped the fence after "clearing" for dogs.  Half way to the house, I hear the dogs.  I threw my rifle over my shoulder, ran hard and cleared the fence.  Thank God I had a Giles sling, because I was definetly on the menu.  This is easy to do with a Giles - the rifle conveniently  lays against your back.  But, the Giles sling is worthless for clearing a house, or at least the way that the instructions told me to install it.  Is there a sling where I get the utility of being able to throw the rifle over my shoulder and onto my back, but have the capability of switching from right to left shoulder to clear a building?  Do I have to choose one or the other utility?  I have searched through the forums but I am unable to visualize people's explanations.  I am unable to determine if a single-point allows me to throw the rifle over my shoulder and onto my back.  Whoever knows this answer is an angel.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry a 3 point on duty, and feel it works best for the work I do.  I can't think of anything of the top of my head that will do it all.

Good luck.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top