Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2004 6:26:58 PM EDT
I took the new Bushmaster to the range today for the first time.  The ammo used was Black Hills (BH)and Federal M193.   I started out with the BH and the gun jammed continously....I'm talking every shot ...two at most.  I switched mags...same thing.  I switched to the Federal and it worked like a charm...no failures period. The ftf's seemd to be due to incomplete ejection, with the bolt slamming on the spent casing and the "new" round.  I've used BH in other rifles with great success.  Do you think it is a new rifle break-in issue or something else?  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The BH is most likely loaded lighter than XM193, which is pretty hot.  That could be the problem right there.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Which BH were you using?

MT
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:28:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I threw the box away already....but it was plain old 55gr fmj.    
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#4]
My Bushy 20" Hbar doesn't like certain brands of .223. I've tried different mags, cleaned and lubed weapon. and still have ftf and fte problems with the same brands of .223.
LC and Q3131A are all I use now--never a problem with the 5.56 stuff. Never tried any BH products. The .223 is now relagated to the mini 14 which seems to like it.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top