Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 9/23/2003 3:37:28 AM EST
Hey guys,
This is probably a stupid question, but exacatically how do you change the followers in the SA-80 British mags. I've got a couple of them ( a black Dillon IDI and a "gun show" RO). I can't figure out how to do it. The floor plate seems well crimped on and the shape of the follower doesn't seem to lend itself to being lifted out from the top. For sure, I'm missing something here.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 4:05:46 AM EST
Mag dis-assembly starts at bottom tab, as I have not seen them I can only assume they come apart like a regular mag. Take a standard M193 round and stick in small hole at rear bottom of mag, this depresses small catch located inside lower portion of magazine releasing the tab, while pushing inward and pulling with reaward tension tab should slide backward thru tabs and off. Re-assemble in reverse order. Mike
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 4:59:43 AM EST
Thanks, mr_wilson!
Top Top