Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/15/2006 9:55:06 AM EDT
I've read umteen posts and frankly speaking, I'm dizzy . Some of the posts seem dated as the mag blocks have gone thru revisions to work out the bugs. I like the look of the promags and they are cheap so unless you can talk me out of them, that's what I plan to use.

So which mag block, Colt style convsrsion, should I buy keeping in mind I do want the bolt hold open feature.

Thanks in advance.

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:41:56 PM EDT
I have the Hahn dedicated block and it holds bolt open with both colt and promag mags.

The colt mags worked perfect, but I had a few hang ups using the promag and various types of ammo I brought for testing, especially the aluminum cased blazer. The brass cased blazer was fine.

Bottom line, the promag are fine for the range and I will be getting a couple more just to piddle with, but I DO NOT trust them for anything more than that. Get you a couple of colts too, I know they are expensive, but they worked with a bunch of ammo types no problemo.

BTW, RRA 9mm A4 upper is what I have.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:07:06 PM EDT
colt style mag blocks.

the tacked thread above list which are colt style and which are not and you can find used colt blocks in the ee.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:12:36 PM EDT
Tag.

Szurgot, you answered two questions I was going to ask:
1) What block works with promags?
2) What block/mag setup will give me bolt hold-open.

Thanks!
Top Top