Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2013 9:47:33 AM EDT
I've done some reading and I think I understand this but I wanted some input.

I've got the RRA Delta Mid-Lenth A4. Only other thing different than the stock version of this model is the Smith Vortex A3 Flash Hider instead of the Stock A2, and a set of Troy micro folding battle sights - M4 Front and Dioptic Rear.  Brand new, black friday deal for $900.  I thought it was pretty decent.

I've seen where sights line up with different optics and if I understand it right the Primary Arms 2.5X Compact AR15 Scope with CQB ACSS Reticle will line the middle/center dot with the top of the front sight.  What I don't understand is the rear sight.  Does it just become a non-issue once this is on here?  Do I mount the Primary Arms in front of it and leave the rear folded down, or will the rear line up with it as well (I don't know why you would need it too) I just want to understand more about this type of optic and it's versatility.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:58:32 PM EDT
Not sure what you are asking, but you use one or the other. No need to use the dot and the iron sights. The iron sights are there if you need them. The optic acts independent. Make sense?
Depending on the height of the riser, the iron sights may be in the center of the tube of the scope for absolute cowitness, or in the bottom 1/3 of the scope tube. Hope this helps.
Top Top