Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 1:21:19 PM EDT
I went on Primary Arms web site today looking to purchase an Eotech.  Big price increase, decided to pass.  And the government says there is no inflation.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I just went to Primary Arms site after reading your post.  He used to sell the XPS2 for $429.  Now it's $479 and there's a $50 rebate.  Strange.  Everything I've read says what a stand up guy Marshall is so I wonder if Eotech told him his price was too low.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
EoTech is notoriously touchy about advertised price.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#3]
He warned everyone that there would be a price increase.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He warned everyone that there would be a price increase.

Now that you mention it, wasn't that in Marsh's email?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Marshall is an absolute stand up guy. I guarantee he wouldn't raise his prices unless there was absolutely no choice. I'd bet he'd still be lower than 99% of the companies out there, and you will always know that the customer service is second to no one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I felt so strongly about it, I double tapped!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Gotta get while the gettin's good,

Strike while the iron is hot, and all that.

Likewise, the day BCM ends the "summer sale" on uppers, folks are gonna be howling about it.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Likewise, the day BCM ends the "summer sale" on uppers, folks are gonna be howling about it.

Ain't that the truth. I just sent BCM a money order for $1K; and I wasn't even buying on the summer sale!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ain't that the truth. I just sent BCM a money order for $1K; and I wasn't even buying on the summer sale!

I here ya, I have bought 4 uppers and two lowers from them this summer.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I here ya, I have bought 4 uppers and two lowers from them this summer.

I should receive my BCM blemished lower (bought here) and the new 14.5 upper next week. Damn, I can't sleep thinking about it!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:28:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Marshall is an absolute stand up guy. I guarantee he wouldn't raise his prices unless there was absolutely no choice. I'd bet he'd still be lower than 99% of the companies out there, and you will always know that the customer service is second to no one.

Don't forget his insanely-fast shipping
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#13]
479 is MAP.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:55:03 PM EDT
[#14]
still a good price after rebate
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:57:45 PM EDT
[#15]
double post
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:14:38 AM EDT
[#16]
In case anyone missed it, Marshall / Primary Arms gave fair warning that this was going to occur.

Most retailers would never do such a thing.   PA went above & beyond in typical fashion to address this proactively.  

I don't know why someone would single out a retailer for doing so on a public forum when they could have easily contacted them (primary arms) directly about it first.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:48:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Marshall is a stand up, good guy, and a supporter of this site.  This thread needs to be deleted.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:44:13 AM EDT
[#18]
The post was FYI and in NO way ment to slander Primary Arms or the people that work there.  Businessman usually aren't offended if you are only reporting what is accurate.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:54:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The post was FYI and in NO way ment to slander Primary Arms or the people that work there.  Businessman usually aren't offended if you are only reporting what is accurate.

Understood, but Marshall already made the FYI himself, and arfcom is a giant knitting-circle of old catty ladies.  Pretty much everything said, good or bad, tends to devolve fast .  Anything that does not, gets labeled as "Kool aid".     Today their reputation precluded any response.  Tomorrow, their reputation could be considered "kool aid".

The smart guys can usually feel out who the other smart guys are quickly.  "kool aid" is sweet for a reason.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:08:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:47:38 AM EDT
[#21]
I have to agree, it seemed like an odd post. I don't toss up a thread each time I decide not to buy because of price. As others have said Marshall warned about the increase that EOtech required. PA is in the top echelon of online retailers as far as customer service.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:01:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sorry for the delay in seeing this post. I am in Asia and Arfcom is blocked from some cities. We got heat from EOTech and had to go up on the site..

Email Scott [email protected] He will hook you up at the old price.

Thanks
Marshall

There you go

I have bought several items from Primary Arms and Marshall has always gone above and beyond matching prices of other retailers etc.  Marshall is a heck of a guy in my book.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:03:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Not a technical discussion
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top