Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 12:03:44 PM EST
My local gun shop has a slightly used Bushmaster XM-15E2S, with a 14.5 inch barrel, and case. They're asking $749. Sound like a good deal? I want to get one, but with the decline of the AWB, should I just wait and get the same gun with the collapsable stock? Or should I get this one now, and then put on the M4-style when the ban (hopefully) sunsets?

Thanks from the new guy,

SOCO
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:14:51 PM EST
I would say wait...

for about $749 you could get a brand new no ban.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:03:40 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:31:05 PM EST
Hard to say.... if you wait, you might be up against a major run in sales. People are going to go ape shit when the ban goes away buying "post" ban rifle to trick in pre'configuration. Some of the people with some forethinking will grab everything they can afford for fear of another ban getting dropped on us like an A-Bomb.

The run on them might also drive up the price.

Personally I can't see the point in buying a pre- when you can get somethign new with newer features that aren't available on pre- rifles, like flattops, but you'll be able to put all the evil parts on it...

that or they'll starts shipping within a few weeksn of the sunset with the evil parts, which might drive up prices as well.

My answer: save themoney you have... add more to it while you wait, and then see what is available at shows about 1-3 months after the sunset, unless rumors of a new ban start circulating.
Top Top