Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 1:03:44 PM EDT
My local gun shop has a slightly used Bushmaster XM-15E2S, with a 14.5 inch barrel, and case.  They're asking $749.  Sound like a good deal?  I want to get one, but with the decline of the AWB, should I just wait and get the same gun with the collapsable stock?  Or should I get this one now, and then put on the M4-style when the ban (hopefully) sunsets?

Thanks from the new guy,

SOCO
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say wait...

for about $749 you could get a brand new no ban.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Hard to say.... if you wait, you might be up against a major run in sales. People are going to go ape shit when the ban goes away buying "post" ban rifle to trick in pre'configuration. Some of the people with some forethinking will grab everything they can afford for fear of another ban getting dropped on us like an A-Bomb.

The run on them might also drive up the price.

Personally I can't see the point in buying a pre- when you can get somethign new with newer features that aren't available on pre- rifles, like flattops, but you'll be able to put all the evil parts on it...

that or they'll starts shipping within a few weeksn of the sunset with the evil parts, which might drive up prices as well.

My answer: save themoney you have... add more to it while you wait, and then see what is available at shows about 1-3 months after the sunset, unless rumors of a new ban start circulating.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top