Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2002 11:24:08 AM EDT
Hey folks, Sportsman's Guide is selling 1,000 rounds of Lake City M193 for $179, plus I've got a $10 coupon.  Is this a good deal for this ammo?  I'm looking for better quality ammo than my standard SA blasting ammo, to have on-hand in case the balloon goes up.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Mirage Technologies $170/k delivered

www.miragetechnologies.net/Main.htm

Need to order by phone, but we've bought a whole lot of ammo from them here at AR-15.com.

Link Posted: 10/14/2002 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Need to order by phone, but we've bought a whole lot of ammo from them here at AR-15.com.

And yet, they REFUSE to help support this site that has made them a LOT of money.

No thank you, I'll take my business elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Does that mean that Sportsman's Guide is a site supporter?  I don't recall seeing any banner ads for them here, though that doesn't mean that there haven't been any.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you!!!!
You guys saved me $17 bucks!  I had gone ahead and ordered from SG, but I was able to call them back and cancel it after I saw the Mirage Tech deal.  I just faxed them my DL and they're sending me the ammo.
Thank you Ar15.com.  A state of being.  A way of life.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does that mean that Sportsman's Guide is a site supporter?  I don't recall seeing any banner ads for them here, though that doesn't mean that there haven't been any.

SG didn't show up on AR15.com and start placing ads, did they?

Well, Mirage did.  They did a lot, despite being asked to stop.  Then they were asked to become a site supporter so they could continue placing ads, and they declined.  This after they had sold close to 1 million rounds of LC due to their ads on this site.

I'll pass on supporting them, thank you.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Brouhaha -

Can't read your mind (I tell my wife that all the time), so if you had posted your 2nd message first it would have made a lot more sense, given that neither vendor in question actively supports the site.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#7]
You're right, sorry about that David.

There were several threads about it in the past, and I made the assumption ppl knew about it.

Sorry if I came off condescending in the 2nd post.  That wasn't my intention.  This thing with Mirage just pisses me off.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top