Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 9:19:07 AM EDT
I have a Colt MT6400C with an IOR M2 4x scope. With the flattop and ARMS #22 high rings, the scope did not clear a #40 BUIS (#40L wasn't out yet), so I opted to get a ARMS #38 Swan in the S-Ex size. The built-in BUIS fits under the scope perfectly and I can forward mount a red dot sight in the future.

To get the #38 to fit over the M4 handguards I had to sand the top, near shooter side just a bit to slide the #38 over. I didn't think much about this until I started considering free floating the barrel with a different handguard. (See picture below).

The installation is snug and puts downward pressure on the handguard. Is this a problem that I should be concerned about? If so, would a particular free float tube fit or do I need to get a #38SPR?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#1]
My experience with the ARMS#38s-ex is that the brush breaker alone can affect accuracy. Groups opened about .5 MOA on a 20" rifle. Removed it after 20 shots or so.

A little more sanding, regular carbine handguard (top half), or a standard length ARMS #38 would also work for you.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top