Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2003 5:24:34 PM EDT
I purchased the DPMS dedicated 22 cal upper..post ban. I was wondering if there was any press on suppressor look a like (similar to what Rock River has put on their barrels). Basically, just for the "look" of a flash suppressor. I'm not interested in a muzzle brake. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely.  Kurt's Kustom Firearms can handle that job.  Look him up in the Industry forum.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you get the DPMS M4 .22LR upper like what CMMG is offering?  How is it?  Is it a reliable shooter?  I am thinking of getting one, but can't at the moment because of car troubles.  When you shoot it, would you post range report, please?  

Ghost
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#3]
There are airsoft replicas of M4 QD sound suppressors availible for $75 that you could sleeve the barrel with. A couple O rings would probably do the trick.

Your .22 would look like a 10.5in CQBR with a M4 QD attached and the sound might even be close to similar (suppressed .223's are still a little loud.)

Or you could mount it on the barrel but that would take more work (threading for the FH and then sleeving the suppressor so it didn't reduce sound)

[b]Sorry if I got a little carried away....

Yeah or you could sleeve it with a fake A2 FH.... I would check with RRA to see who does there M4gery barrels and maybe they could sell you the phony FH sleeve.. if you got lucky it might even fit (if you didn't it would be some simple lathe work for a machinist or gunsmith[/b]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:41:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Green0, good ideas! Thanks.
Ghost, as soon as I get to shoot it I will let you know. I've had nothing but good luck with DPMS products in the past and expect that to continue...
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Does DPMS sell those sleeves??Or does anyone have a net addy that shows a pic where they can be purchased??..(For an M4 style barrel??Thanks for ANY info..:-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top