Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2009 11:43:53 AM EDT
Which do you prefer on the trijicon reflex and why? The triangle, the dot, ect. I notice they only make the reflex two with a dot, is the reflex two or bigger version that better than version 1?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I liked the triangle. Easy to zero with the tip and at close range I just used it like a dot. BSW
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Reflex 1 is a 1X24mm objective output and comes with a 4.5moa RX01NSN, or 6.5 moa dot, RX01.

Reflex 2 is a 1X24mm objective output and comes with a 12.5moa triangle, RX06 or with a 12.5moa chevron reticle, RX09, the chevron reticle version can also be furthr illuminated with a tiny Cayalume stick light.

The larger 1X42mm objective output version is known as a RX30 and comes with a 6.5moa dot.

My favorite is the Reflex 2, return of Reflex, with the 12.5 triangle.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Any reasons why each design is your favorite? I guess with the dot you zero it right on target. How about the triangle tip at 50 yards then the bottom would be dead on at a 100? I never used these sights or was instructed on em just fondled a few.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:45:39 AM EDT
[#4]
12.5 triangle I set for 25 meter zero @ center mass of B34 silhouette target.
Triangles are best sighted in using a silhouette type target.
If using a front sight, the triangle will set in front of front sight post with the top of the post about centered in the middle of the triangle.
By placing the apex of the triangle on the jawline, you can hit center mass out to 300 meters.
At 300 meters the triangle will pretty well cover up the target so use the head to dot the eye.

The Dots can be sighted at 25 meters or 50 meters center mass depending on the shooters preference.
If shooting at a standard round target, cover the target with the dot.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting guess thats why the triangles always more expensive.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#6]
That's not really true, The 12.5 moa Reflex 2 triangle is only 25 bucks more than the Reflex 1 6.5moa dot while the larger 42mm objective RX30 with a 6.5 moa dot is 25 bucks MORE than the Reflex 2 12.5 moa triangle.
The 12.5 Chevron reticle optic is the most expensive but that is because more machining is requires to make the access port for the Cayalume light stick which most people won't use that often anyway.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Favorite reticle? Triangle.

Though if I were buying one now I'd get the newer one with the circle. (If they offered the new guy with triangle, I'd get more than one!)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#8]
To explain why is easy. The triangle can be used as a both eyes open HUD dot up close ( added bonus: doing so will also fix your close in offset somewhat if you zero at 50 or 100) as well as a precise aimint point using just the tip - which doesn't cover the target! - for distance shooting.  Plus a bigger reticle maximizes the strengths of the reflex and minimize its weakness.

I like the triangle - imo it is the winner of all reticles, though a chevron with a 3x behind it is sweet too...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top