Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:39:33 AM EDT
Hi all,

I read in a recent Precision Shooting magazine an article about a company that was making match quality ammo at a pretty decent price. To keep costs down the manufacturer was importing nickel plated berdan primed brass from Russia, and then manufacturing the rounds in the U.S. using other quality components like Sierra bullets, and quality powder etc. For the life of me, I can't find what I did with the article, and I can't remember the name of this manufacturer.

Does anybody have any info on this??? THANKS.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:53:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.  I wouldnt have thought this would be that much cheaper than Black Hills using once fired brass... but if the cases and primers are consistent, neat concept.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#2]
The article actually demonstrated that the Berdan primers were giving more consistent velocity than the makers previous runs of ammo that was boxer primed. I'm still looking through my back issues of Precision Shooting magazine to try to find this article. If I find it before anyone else chimes in I'll post the web site etc.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#3]
What is the difference between boxer and berdan?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What is the difference between boxer and berdan?

Thanks

www.recguns.com/Sources/VIIF3.html

Google is your friend.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#5]
FALARAK's link pretty much sums up the boxer v. berdan question.

I'm suprised nobody on this board has the name of this manufacturer. I've rumaged through all my backissues in the office w/out any luck. Will let anybody interested know once I get home and look through my other stack of Precision Shooting magazines.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:06:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I always like BERDAN !!! I never had a dude in 7.62x39 copper wash

Boxer helps reloaders!!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top