Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2006 1:09:59 PM EDT
Graf & Sons is offering 7.62X39 ammunition loaded by an outfir named Precision Cartridge, Inc.  It's loaded with Hornady V-Max bullets in new Winchester brass.  The price is $9.95/box of 20.  This seems like an awfully good price for the ammo IF its good stuff.

Anyone out there have any experience with PCI's products?

Thanks in advance for the info.
Old SF
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Never said it was for an AK!  I have a really nice 7.62X39 AR that I'm looking to use for assorted things including possible varmint (coyote) hunting as well as for my "Hurricane Katrina" rifle.  

In a defensive situation, factory ammo is always perferred should a person's actions need to be defended in court & I'm looking for good quality factory loads that might try to duplicate for hunting.  And soft-point ammo doesn't feed real well in the AR platform (wasn't ever designed to handle it!)

Old SF
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I dunno what it would do out past 50 yds, I haven't tried it yet.  But the $6 box of AE I just shot put 5 rounds through pretty much the same hole at 50yds.  Like I said, it could be a whole different story at 100 - 200 yds, but I was impressed with my 7.62 upper given the average at best ammo I was feeding it.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Precision Cartridge is a good company, I just used some of their frang 5.56 not too long ago and I was very satisfied. There is a guy on our team who buy about 3K a year from this company in in .45 and 5.56. That's how I heard of them. Precision cartridge has been making ammo for yearsand they back up their products, buy with confidence...

www.precisioncartridge.com

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:34:53 AM EDT
[#5]
All,
Thanks for the insights, especially regarding the quality of PCI's product.  I have a hundred rounds (a 'sample pack' if you will!) on the way & will (hopefully) be able to provide a range report in short order.

I, too, am very pleased with the performance of my 7.62X39 AR carbine.  It's a Model 1 Sales kit gun & will do just over 1 MOA out to 100m with the Lapua ammo I sometimes feed it.  Of course, with Wolf, it doesn't do quite as well!  Given that the round is really a 200m & less 'sort of cartridge,' and those are the ranges that I will be using it at, I'm a fairly happy puppy!!!!!!

Old SF
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#6]
PCI is about 20 minutes from where I live.  I've bought .223 from them for years and never had one problem with them.  Good company and great people to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a pretty steep price for reloaded ammo, even reloaded using good components!
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 2:03:15 AM EDT
[#8]
By all indications, this is NOT reloaded ammo, rather it's from a small outfit using all new components, including Winchester virgin brass.  At least that's the way I read the info at the Graf website.  I'll let everyone know when I get my little mits on the stuff I ordered.

Old SF
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top